Upper radiator Hose for Alum Radiator?

-

dano

Evil Handy Man
Reaction score
I've got an aftermarket Aluminum Radiator and would like to know what upper radiator hose will fit, the outlet on the radiator is on the drivers side and it is a cross flow radiator.

Thanks,

Dan

The radiator I am using has the inlet on the drivers side. I purchased a hose for a 73 Dart 318. It makes a 90 degree towards the drivers side then turns forward to the radiator.

How well didi it fit? I've seen that hose, but doesn't it come up short? What size is your radiator, I think mine is 22x19.

Never measured the radiator so I don't know it's width but I had to cut about 3" off the hose because it was two long. Same with the lower hose I had to cut a couple of inches off both ends for it to fit.

Here is a picture of the upper hose.

Engine In #1.jpg

Looks nice, but Since I have a cross flow, the upper inlet is much further to the drivers side, I have one of those cheesey aluminum flex lines, but it looks dumb.
I'd like to go with a stock apperence, or at least a cleaner one.

I guess you will need to take some dimensions and find a friendly parts store that will let you rumage through there collection of hoses. There's certainly one out there that will do the job.

That's what I did. I used coat hanger to aproximate what I needed then with a tape measure and all the hose bibb sizes in hand I went to the local parts store where they let me pick out a couple hoses. Got the right ones on the money the first time too.

I know this post was a while back, but I was wondering Guitar Jones what the part #'s might have been on those hoses. I am going through the search for upper and lower radiator hoses for my small block with upper driver's side inlet and lower passenger side inlet. Any help may save a lot of hair pulling.

If it is a cross flow alum rad i used a 73 charger top hose and it worked fine on my 69 dart

Thanks for the info 6dart9. I will have to look in to the 73 Charger top hose. I just went down to the Auto Zone and sorted through all of there hoses. I found a bottom hose that would work (after cutting about half of it off), but I was not able to come up with the top hose. I did find a flex hose that will work for now, but I'm not really liking the look.

-
Back