UPS shipping

-

hemidart67

1967 dart pro-touring
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
So UPS tries to deliver a package to my house today and im not home so they leave the UPS slip and it says I owe $165.61 for a part i only payed $125 for WTF.:banghead:
If your getting something shipped from the US to Canada make sure your shipper doesn't use UPS
I got a package the other day that was worth $400+ and i only had to pay $66 and that was shipped through USPS
Sorry just had to get this out there so no other guys have to pay more than the have too.
Jason

i know others have had issues,but ive recieved,shipped hundreds of items and never once had a problem

Funny. I had 4 wheels shipped to me in 4 boxes. All 4 left at the same time. # got here today, the other tomorrow....all UPS.

ups charge me 265 $$ for shiping and broker fees
for an exhaust kit that I bought at 234$$$:wack:

There is a way around that brokerage as spelled out in the link Bruce (Bad Sport) provided! Read one of the long posts near the top about them assuming your authority to receive it from customs, I believe the poster explains a way to get your parts from the depot that UPS returns it to! Geof

So i got my package and the reason i had to pay 165.61 is because he said the total value was $600 US $300 for each mount....Now that's wack :violent1:

I know how to fix this -MOVE HERE TO MEXIAMERICA

Hi
This has been covered here often.

Buddy of mine in Kingston rents a US address and they also provide a package service to hold items until he drives over to pick up in Watertown. Most times he buys groceries and gas and Canadian Customs only asks if he bought booze or tobacco. He has USA Netflicks, HBO and a Verizon cell plan for like $25 US a month or something. We get screwed by Government and private sector here.

Only ship USPS or don't buy.

Just another tip along the lines of UPS but nothing to do with Canada. If you go ship something from one of those UPS stores and ask them what the shipping will be for each major carrier they DOUBLE the postage for USPS and FedEx. Makes the UPS price look the best and if you do decide to go with USPS say shipping to Canada or a PO box, they still make a boat load even though they don't do anything but put a stamp on it and wait for the post office to come pick it up. So you could go to USPS.com pay say $30 and print a label and schedule a carrier pickup never leaving your house, or drive to the UPS store where they will charge $60, put $30 postage on it, and pocket $30 for themselves. Never send anything USPS unless it's from a real post office or your home not those shippers services type stores. The PO doesn't discount for anybody so they have to make their money some other way.

Same thing happened here when my buddy Justin order a new bulge hood for his 69 dodge dart and the UPS guy couldnt figure out where to deliver it to while we were at work. SO they called him and said you owe us X amount to deliver it again. He said no I will come pick it up in the morning. Hes dad even worked for UPS and got screwed over because they kept upping his lifting wt limit to the point that he had to get vertebra fused in his back and is on permanent disability. If i get something shipped ups it shows up after 6pm but if I get it FEDEX its 8am. UPS makes me sign for a $20 car part or they wont leave it but $600 worth of computer parts they will leave on my door step in a foot of snow...

-
Back