UPS Simple Rate Shipping

-

mopowers

Reaction score
Have any of you used UPS Simple Rate shipping? I just read about it online when calculating a shipping rate and the rate was about half of the cost of regular UPS ground (or FedEX ground). When I went into the UPS store, they hadn't even heard of it.

Is Simple Rate just an online thing, where you plug in the dimensions, weight, and destination and purchase the shipping label, then either take it in to a UPS store, or schedule a pickup? Have you guys had luck with this service?? It seemed like a great deal for the item I was needing to ship.

It worked great to ship a set of torsion bars. No idea on the other stuff. UPS stores are generally pretty bad as most aren't owned by UPS. So I doubt they'd want anything to do with a service that reduces revenue.

I actually "like" USPS online calculator, but only if I pay and print my label online

Never a surprise and they come pick it up at my house

My wife does all the shipping quotes here. And we use this alot . Most the time it's cheaper and you can use your own packaging. Beware though, if for whatever reason they want they gig us an extra handling charge, usually $17 after it's been shipped. They say up to 50 pounds but if you read the fine print it says "Prices Starting At "

So long story short, ship in nice shaped boxes , any long or heavy boxes are usually the ones that get the extra fees. And they take it with out asking or telling you why exactly.

Good luck. We use it a lot. . For the most part it's cheaper than USPS.

Go figure. Was it a weird shape?
Happened a few times. Not sure about the shape of box, but I would go with the larger size if questionable. Like 1/4" over the smaller size. Some may have been a out of shape box, others not.

I just shipped a set of W2 heads to a FABO member using the simple rate. Those heavy heads shipped for less than 28 bucks each.

That’s cheap money. And they showed up ahead of schedule.

I've had them re check my XL package down to a large package, give me a $5 refund & then charge $17 S&H for checking it !
I’ve gone round and round with my rep because I’ve gotten a few of these charges also and they won’t explain it to me , and the damn box was a rectangle under the required cubic inches very ******* frustrating!

" UPS Simple Rate "is online only. The dummies at the UPS know nothing of it and will not tell you anything. And charge inflated prices to ship from there. Never buy a box there either !!!!

" UPS Simple Rate "is online only. The dummies at the UPS know nothing of it and will not tell you anything. And charge inflated prices to ship from there. Never buy a box there either !!!!

You definitely have to tell them you want that rate if you go in person. If not, they will stick you with the regular rate.

Luckily one of the women at my local UPS is into cars and guns so she always takes care of me when I ship cool stuff.

You definitely have to tell them you want that rate if you go in person. If not, they will stick you with the regular rate.

Luckily one of the women at my local UPS is into cars and guns so she always takes care of me when I ship cool stuff.

Your local UPS store does Simple Rate? None of the stores around here do. They all say it's online only.

Your local UPS store does Simple Rate? None of the stores around here do. They all say it's online only.

I don’t know. I just go right to the UPS depot rather than a UPS store unless I have to take something to a UPS store.

When I returned my DirecTV junk it had to go to a UPS store. The closest one of those is further away than the UPS place itself.

I don’t know. I just go right to the UPS depot rather than a UPS store unless I have to take something to a UPS store.

When I returned my DirecTV junk it had to go to a UPS store. The closest one of those is further away than the UPS place itself.

Depot is UPS owned. The Stores are not. Different services available at a depot.

-
Back