US 131 Motorsports Park

-

dodge freak

Reaction score
Anybody here go to this SW Michigan track ? They have test and tune twice a month on Wednesdays and Fridays 6pm to 10pm, $25, everybody welcome they say.

Its a good 130 miles one way from me BUT its like dead around here and could be nice to fine tune the jetting and just to see what it can pull. Tranny is a little weak, I gotta let up on the 2--3 shift but 1-2 squawks them great and I could get an idea from the 1/8 mile speeds.

Don't like the no short pants or saddles rule but guess I could bring some long pants and shoes for the track. This seems like the coolest track around from reading the rules other tracks have.

There is another track about the same distance in St Thomas Ontario but its only 1/8 mile and that means me and my riding going past border customs and no leaded racing fuel sold at the track unlike 131 in Michigan. Plus pump fuel is cheaper here in the USA

I've been going to Martin since I was a little kid, way back when the "Pop Rod" U.S. Nationals were there in the 70's. It was a great track then, and it's even better since they just put 7 mil into the entire complex to try to woo a major NHRA event. The track is very nice and they prep it much better than Milan IMO!! Always have!!

I don't think you'd be disappointed, but it is a long way. Thats why Milan usually gets the nod for me!! Have fun!! Geof

Looking at google maps, its 60-65 miles each way farther for me to go (I get on I94 from M14) On I-94 going that far I might keep it in the low 60's so long its not being rock from the semis flying pass me, lol. (i believe some semis have speed governors now-so maybe I can stay just ahead of one)

I'm likely not going to go very often, Milan seems temping but thanks for heads up on which track is best. 7 mill upgrade, gee whats 2 more hours drive time, ha ha.

If it had 3.21's it be a breeze but then it bog down at the track ! Its got 3.91's and 26 1/2 tires in back.

It amazes me sometimes to go down the big tracks at what we think is a big event like the classic or even the Nationals and see the stands maybe half full or so. The you go to an NHRA event and the place is PACKED, no place in the stands at all and standing room everywhere else. Yea, who wouldn't want an NHRA event at their track??

Who wins in that situation?? US, the little guys!! We get to run on tracks that are prepped for the big boys. Kinda like bowling at a PBA event, on the pro's oil patterns!! Both my brother and a good friend of mine were Sportsman winners at Martin!! Just ask them what one of their favorite tracks is!! You'd love it there, and spoil you on tracks.

I hear Stanton is a really nice track too, but again it's a little far and no major events!! And I have never heard a bad word about Norwalk, OH, considered by most people I know as the best track around. Race track snobs, what's next!!!LOL!! Geof

Well 131 track is more like 110 miles one way for me, not 130. Didn't really look too good at first/ if I get off 94 by battle creek and take 89 it is more a direct route.

Wish they stop playing with gas prices, oil drops again today yet gas goes up 30 cents to 3.89 for the cheap stuff. I don't get it, I thought it go down more today and it spikes up ?

I'm not too hip on taking it out of state. Ohio has front license plates and with no plate in front we stick right out--even more so.

Yes, 131 is a nice track, ive been going there since the late 80's. Its very nice now with the upgrades. Stanton is also nice but not as nice as martin. Stanton is a bit narrower and shorter.

When I lived in Michigan, I used to frequent Martin all the time. 20 minutes from our house. It was and still is my favorite strip. Here's a couple of pics...

My son and I with our Darts.

chris_n_rick_posing_with_darts.jpg

Me staging.

73dartracing.jpg

Ill be going there this Friday. Once a month they have midnight madness and after 8 its only $5 to get in and $15 to run a car. The regular test and tunes are a good but midnight madness can get a little crowded if you want to make a lot of runs. Midnight madness is fun to watch because there is such a range of cars there. Wish i could take my car but the engine is out for upgrades right now.

yup milan and us 131 are pretty much the places to go in my neck of the woods.

Im waiting for onondaga dragway to open up full steam again though. for one its closer to me, and also I have family history at that strip. its only and 1/8th but there is talks that its going to be expanded to a 1/4.

Ill be going there this Friday. Once a month they have midnight madness and after 8 its only $5 to get in and $15 to run a car. The regular test and tunes are a good but midnight madness can get a little crowded if you want to make a lot of runs. Midnight madness is fun to watch because there is such a range of cars there. Wish i could take my car but the engine is out for upgrades right now.

Yeah I figured the place might be pack.

I'm looking at maybe the 25th ? just test and tune and maybe not as many out there. They say they have a scale in back, I like to find out the weight as well.

Big thing is gas prices, if they pull some bull and hit it up to $4 a gallon for the holiday I'm staying put at home.

-
Back