US Car Tool Subframe Connectors

-

swisswill

Reaction score
I am getting ready to install the frame connectors from US Car Tool. I have just replaced the floor pans (front and rear) in my Dart and was surprised when test fitting, about the large gap between the pan and the connector. I thought was something I did (might still be) but decided to reread the directions (the long version) and learned there can be a 1+ inch gap, in some areas. Is there anyone who installed these connectors that has pictures I can look at? Maybe during and after install pics and what did you do to deal with the gap? Thanks.

I dont have pics, at least not at this moment. I installed the same connectors about 6 weeks ago. The passenger side does have reliefs cut out to accomodate the fule lines, the driver's side is a mirror image. With the exception of those areas, which are obvious, the remainder of the connectors should be tight against the floor, even if that means pushing down on the floor to get it tight.
I believe the owner of the company that sells them is a member here, so I imagine you will be hearing from him.
FWIW, I am very pleased with mine and the appearance they offer once done.

You may have to do some banging on the floor. One thing you may need to do is test fit them. Then trim off the high spots till they fit flush on the floor boards.

I also put new floor pans in, we kindof test fitted everything and had no problems. Are the floors welded solid? I have a pic. not the greatest, but you can always call John at ustool, he may help, good luck. any pics?

connectors.jpg

Thanks for the info guys and the pics Boxer. The floors are not welded in solid yet, but will be. I should have them finished tomorrow and will be able to spend more time on the connectors then and get a final fit. Hopefully all will be well once the floors are finished. How far back do you allows the connectors to overlap the rear frame rails, do you trim them shorter at all or leave them full length? Thanks again.

i installed a set last summer they fit great but there was a small gap just under the front seats i still have factory brake and fuel line and they went though there but i had to lengthen th e brake cable out to go under the rail i like this connector better than any thing ive seen plus dont have to cut any holes in the floors

Frame connectors are in! After a bunch of fitting & trimming, and more trimming & fitting, then finally a bit of massaging to the floor, they are in and fit great. I'm real happy with these connectors. Thanks for all the comments guys.

I'm gonna get some pics tomorrow and try to get them up. Been going crazy on the car. In three days I've got floor pans, frame connectors, and spring relocation, all in, and mini-tub started. Been a crazy three days. Hope to have the mini-tub finished tomorrow and the car back in my own garage. We'll see what happens.

-
Back