US Car Tool

-
I put 'em on my 64 Barracuda and there was minimal grinding and no filling for a good fit. My experience was great.

I'm going to order a set for the 69 Dart. I'll follow up with photos once they are in.
I like the idea of having the connectors box in with the floor.
-AlV

I'm going to order a set for the 69 Dart. I'll follow up with photos once they are in.
I like the idea of having the connectors box in with the floor.
-AlV

Can't wait to hear back I want a set for my 66 valiant I put 4 floor pans in and wanted to here from other people experiences before I order

I put a set on a 71 Scamp and they were ok. Close but had to grind a little here and there to fully contour my floor. I also had to lap weld in a small piece to finish the connection at the torque boxes. I don't believe this is US Car Tools fault though as MA Mopar wasn't very good with tolerances. All in all it was close enough to make it worth the hundred or so I paid for them. Better than having to fab up your own, plus it looks like they are factory and meant to be there.

Can't wait to hear back I want a set for my 66 valiant I put 4 floor pans in and wanted to here from other people experiences before I order

Since you just did the floors.. Now is the time indeed. I'm not sure if our timelines will match up but I'm trying to get them in over the next few weeks.

I'll definitely keep you posted.

I put 'em on my 64 Barracuda and there was minimal grinding and no filling for a good fit. My experience was great.

I put them in my 70 Dart ....a little grinding to make the front and back flush but otherwise very happy .... DTM :D

I used them in my sons 67 Barracuda they were a lot of work but turned out great. Take your time with the welding I weld one side then the other and alternated front to back so nothing got too hot, Then seem sealed the welds to try and make sure there are no pin holes in the floor

I put them on my 68 convert, had to do a lot of fitting to get them in.
But they did tell me they made them using a hardtop floor.

Since you just did the floors.. Now is the time indeed. I'm not sure if our timelines will match up but I'm trying to get them in over the next few weeks.

I'll definitely keep you posted.

I haven't ordered yet. I wanted to know if everyone was happy with them first we are on the same time frame I believe
:burnout:

Mine are still in the box.

These are the ones that I got from Mancini for my race car - Dart/Scamp (split personality!) They were reasonably easy to install and to the unaware look like part of what Mother Mopar sent from the factory.

Attachments

• car undercarriage aptil 08 006.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 338
  • car undercarriage aptil 08 007.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 302
  • car undercarriage aptil 08 008.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 298
  • car undercarriage aptil 08 010.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 299
I put a set on my 68 convertible. My car has factory torque boxes front and rear, the rear part of the connector needed to be trimmed to fit with the boxes.

They fit nicely against the floor and really seemed to give the car a more solid feel. You will need to remove the seats and carpet when it comes time to weld.
vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

That's DEFINITELY the way I'm goin once I get me another A!! Those things are amazing!! Look like they could be factory installed!!

Just installed my driver-side today (I'm slow) and had fit issues but nothing a grinder won't fix. I like the OE look. Now if I could weld without burning holes...

-
Back