US Car Tools - new tool to help drop your engine/trans out the bottom without a lift

-

64DartGTinAZ

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Just got an email from US Car Tools that some of you might like.

Check out their bolt on tool to use your engine hoist to lift the front end up off the engine trans:

http://store.uscartool.com/uni-lift-unibody-front-end-lifting-tool.html

They also seem to have a tool for rolling the engine/trans/k-frame out from under the car, but it's more spendy

http://store.uscartool.com/Mopar-K-Frame-Stand-Drivetrain-Restoration-Tool_p_84.html

I don't have one, and I don't work for US Car Tools, but thought somebody might be interested in something like this.

Thare are many interesting ways to lift a car...... Not all of them are safe though. In poor areas of Mexico they have mastered wooden 2x4 lift and have done it this way for years talk about shoddy and questionable ingenuity.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 481
Another interesting way to lift your vehicle.... It's some kind of airbag inflated by your exhaust...... When I saw the title it brought back memories of my teens when we lifted engines and trannies out with chains bolted to steel plates mounted to the rafters in the garage. Safe???? No not really but we were invincible kids with low funds and big imaginations.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 441
that looks like it would be pretty easy to make. I do NOT see $200.00 there myself!

My mistake. I thought the broken down picture was the lift. $399 for just the stand is crazy.

That's what I thought too. I love nice tools that make a job easier, but only if they're reasonably priced. To me, this seems like something for people with more dollars than sense.

I used my engine hoist with a length of sturdy chain attached to the bumper mounting holes with no issues . Besides cost that unit would never fit in my garage. Seems like a big expense for an operation most will probably do only a few times if not just once.

Got that e-mail as well.

I had bought their dolly wheels to make life easier before I realized I could make them myself. I believe it was money well spent in the long run but could have made them cheaper.

Decided to make my own extensions for the front set to make it easier to re-install the k-frame/ motor/trans.

My 16 year old nephew welded the extension up for under $40.00 of material from Summit.

It mounts right to the USCT dolly brackets. Easiest install I have ever done.

I've always used a 10 dollar yellow lifting strap. 600 bucks. Some people got way more money than brains.

-
Back