"USA imports" daily driver, whats good?

-
Well I guess that I'm looking for a Wife friendly small/mid size SUV/Hatchback 4 door vehicle. Needs to be an automatic . I would prefer a 4 cylinder (should be more room to work on) FWD or RWD . A 4cyl should get better MPG. Something that may be easy to work (by todays standards). A chain engine maybe a plus. Nothing that is know to major problems (like heads or transmissions)
I know that all of that sounds unrealistic .And I know that I will not get all of that. But from the information I've gathered here. I can narrow it down.
And I don't recall disagreeing with any thing recommended. About the only two I'd question were.. A hemi 300/magnum like my wife needs that. And of course the idea of her driving a 1960's anything.
The information I got from Rusty RR let me know things about AWD that I never knew.

And what car do YOU and/or your wife have in mind.

And what car do YOU and/or your wife have in mind.

Something like a Honda CRV/Element, Kia Sportage/Tuscon, Toyota Rav4, Ford Escape, Honda pilot, Toyota 4runner.. even thought about Chevy Colorado 4DR pick w/4cyl (not so sure about that one) something along that type of vehicle.
I've gotten a lot of useful information on this thread. Some of it telling me what are the good thing about various vehicles. Some telling me about possible problems (that I would not want to deal with).

-
Back