Using Aftermarket Fuel Gauge with Original Sender

-

zephyr

Reaction score
I've got a 65 Dart with a bad fuel gauge. Question: If the sender is ok, is there an aftermarket gauge I can use with it?
Thanks

Yes, their are aftermarket Gauges, you can use. You have to get a gauge with the correct "Ohms reading" (I cant recall the numbers right now) specs for mopar senders. I got mine from Jegs. 3 or 4 diffferent Gauge Cos have them. They will tell you the specs in the discription. Make sure its for Mopar tho.
Dave

Edit...... When I installed my aftermarket gauge, I tapped into the wire comming from the fuel tank (I thinks its lt blue color) at the botttom of the Drivers door pillar behind the kick panel. you have to cut the wire going to your dash gauge, as only one gauge will work, you can't have two gauges on one wire. So just tap onto that wire, and run that to your new gauge, along with the other wires. I did it on a 66 B-Cuda.

Last edited:
There some that are even programmable or are adjustable with dip switches that you can set the ohms ranges of common car manufacturers .

I am using an Autometer fuel level gauge, I 'think' it is 73 ohms empty 10 ohms full, but don't quote me on that.

Last edited:
Chrysler knew the fuel gauge was going to be a problem, so they made sure E meant eternity. Don’t worry about your fuel gauge working:poke:

-
Back