Using leak stop

-

Tjhduster

Reaction score
Have any of you guys ever used a stop leak in a 727 torque flight with any success to stop leaks? Part of me is afraid to add it to the transmission fluid and cause more problems. Thank you to all that answer this.

It can work but is a pretty temporary fix.
Usually won't actually kill it.

I've used it to get me by for a while in a pinch. What it does is soften and swell up the seals and make them seal up again. Like TB said it usually won't kill a trans but it is just a temporary fix. Figure on doing a complete overhaul as soon as you can

The only time I will use it is when I am trading in a POS.

As others have said, just a temporary fix. If you want a real cheap trick, put a teaspoon of brake fluid in the trans. Some of the name brand "transmission sealers", if you smell the product you can smell brake fluid in them.
All joking aside, there is no quick, easy cure for leaking seals. They must be replaced.

As others have said, just a temporary fix. If you want a real cheap trick, put a teaspoon of brake fluid in the trans. Some of the name brand "transmission sealers", if you smell the product you can smell brake fluid in them.
All joking aside, there is no quick, easy cure for leaking seals. They must be replaced.

LOL... I never thought about brake fluid but it sure does soften and swell up rubber so that may be all it is.

-
Back