using nada, hagerty, etc. for market value??

-

joedardo

Reaction score
hello all, in the search for a dart i have found a couple of nice ones locally. unfortunately i feel the asking prices have been high... according to the price guides the owners want what would be a 1 or a strong 2 for cars that are noway near that condition. what i would like to know is do the price guides show the true market value or are they really off on the low side? thanks

Bit confused here, Hagerty is an insurance company that you more or less tell them what the value of the car is. They would not tell you....I will be switching to State Farm when the time comes. They just put 10k worth of Comp on a car for .99 a month.....

If anything i would say the price guides are off to the high side currently the way the market is right now unless you are looking at a high performance factory numbered or lettered car with good options and matching numbers always helps

With these cars, value is based on what someone is willing to pay. Its hard to factor. Any info on what you are looking at? Folks here have a pretty good idea of value per options, desirability and any effort put into the car (i.e. rebuilt engine, aftermarket goodies, etc). Pics and specs and you could get a good idea if the seller high, about right, or "oh my god you'd better snatch that up".

They are price guides they get their prices from Auction sales of comparable vehicles. Most prices that the general public can see are over in falted BS prices.
Most prices on Collector cars any more is what the market will bear.
Most people don't even know what a #1 condition car is. It is a fully restored /date correct down to every nut and bolt , never driven trailer queen. That has more money put into than they will ever think of getting back out it.
What type of dart are you talking about are you looking at big block GTS Dart or 340 4 speed GTS ?

They are price guides they get their prices from Auction sales of comparable vehicles. Most prices that the general public can see are over in falted BS prices.
Most prices on Collector cars any more is what the market will bear.
Most people don't even know what a #1 condition car is. It is a fully restored /date correct down to every nut and bolt , never driven trailer queen. That has more money put into than they will ever think of getting back out it.
What type of dart are you talking about are you looking at big block GTS Dart or 340 4 speed GTS ?

Hey! I take offense to your comments! I've put "more money into than I will ever think of getting back out" of my "340 4 speed Dart"! :D....and its still not number 1...:angry3:

Bit confused here, Hagerty is an insurance company that you more or less tell them what the value of the car is. They would not tell you....I will be switching to State Farm when the time comes. They just put 10k worth of Comp on a car for .99 a month.....

State Farm gave me an agreed value policy on both of my cars and the rates beat everyone that I checked with. I do get multi-line policy discounts so that helps.

Heacock (I giggle every time) for my car is $250 a year, full coverage at $25K value and I'm limited to like 5K miles a year, have to park it in a garage, and send them a ton of pictures.

Yes I prefer to spend thousands of dollars on my 64 Signet only to insure it for a fifth of what I've got into it in cash and time. You see, my car isn't a classic or even a muscle car as its just an early A-body Plymouth which no real person into the TV media hype of auto auctions would even have a clue to its value. They would rather insure some plastic piece'a crap garage rod registered as a true 32 or a rod made from pieces of garbage than to put a price on something that actually sees the asphalt on a daily basis.

I have four vehicles insured by American Modern at a total of 250 bucks a year for full coverage for all four. My Signet is insured for 25G's and able to drive 12000 miles per year which I can change with a phone call. Its value is determined by receipts, photos and common sense, something others rarely use and these determine its worth without the use of any Nada or Kelly book. My home property is like a compound and once you get in, you cannot get out. One of four is garaged but my Signet is a daily driver and covered when not in use iwhen its put to sleep. BTW, in order to get this insurance, you must have 2 other vehicles no matter what kind insured with another company like State Farm, Allstate, Geico or Progressive. It doesn't make a difference to me as I am a bonified hot rodder and not a garage rodder or a bench racer.

-
Back