Using PAYPAL tip:s

-

waggin

moving on ain't easy if you drive a Ford :p
Reaction score
When using paypal to buy anything, Do NOT send money as a gift unless it is to someone whom you trust...period!!! the couple dollars you saved on fee's may come back to haunt you.

Always leave a note stating your member name, and what you bought, and any term's discussed with the seller, if the money is accepted with those item's including turn around time etc. then you have a contract with the seller as acceptance of the money and the note is like a handshake.(us old timers accept a man's word and his/her handshake as a contract)

when purchasing services that take some amount of turn around time, simply sending the parts requiring service and the materials such as paint, seat upholstery etc. or enough money to cover said materials should be sufficient until the job is finished and pic's of said parts are exchanged to satisfaction. some may require a larger deposit but use common sense as to how much deposit you are willing to send.

if you have a problem with the seller/service provider, converse with them directly thru e mail so as to have a record of the conversation, the telephone is a nice thing to say hi and shoot the breeze but the email is a valuable business tool for keeping track of transactions with a seller/buyer

Keep all correspondence until the deal is done and you are happy with the part's/sevice after that they can hit the circular file (trash can)

Thats why when I buy or sell. I always make sure they have my name, address and phone number and email address. Also when I pay via PayPal i always send the seller a PM that i have sent money. That way if I muck up and send it to the wrong place i know about it sooner then later. Its up to you to protect yourself and your investments

What about the cases where the seller asks for a paypal payment and then asks for you to send as a gift to avoid fees?

I'd be careful of that seller.....or send the money for the fee's is the best thing to do...I alway's send the fee's I thought that was common courtesy???? some people don't send the fee's, it's only like 3$ for every 100$ so it's cheap protection from Bad guy's
What about the cases where the seller asks for a paypal payment and then asks for you to send as a gift to avoid fees?

Whenever i sell something off eBay, i give the buyer the option in wether he want's to send the Pay Pal payment as a "gift", or i also work up the payment for the 3% fee, if they want to send payment for "goods".
I give them the option, and let them decide, whatever they want to do.
So far i'd say its been 75% gift, 25% goods, for me.

Thanx Waggin, I am one who did not know the ins and outs of this. I was not aware of the differences in payment types and the possibilities that could arise.

-
Back