Usmc

-

Rmcewe0

Reaction score
Hollywood marine at mcrd San Diego , then off to Pendleton ,for some training left el toro landed at danang , April 68 ,left may 69, right back to Pendleton , once

a Marine always a Marine ,Semper fi all you jarheads

Thanks, and then some!!!! A few around here. And a Welcome!!!!! Had 4 or 5 friends,out of San Diego.Glad to have you!!!! Nice ride,are you willing to detail?

They were drafting into the Marines back then, or at least that's what my father told me. 68 was when he went over there too, regular Army.

My step father was there around 1970. Got shot through the body (entered in his left side, passed under his hart, exited his right side), bullet traveled through his elbow. He doesn't have an elbow on his right arm now. It's fused at about a 35 degree bend.

There's a pretty fair chance my father may have been your Senior D.I. He left for Vietnam in 68 but I'm going to have to ask him what month it was. I do believe it was later in the year.

hey rmce,
i have mopar and jarhead blood. father was a WWII marine that guarded the a-bomb plane on tinian; older brother did jarhead thing 68-72, nam 68-70; i did 18 yrs in the "jirines" then 2 years in the army (iraq). "did time" at parris island, pendleton, yuma, lejeune, pentagon, HQS usmc, turkey, kuwait, camp smith, HI, and a few other places that i could tell you about but then i'd have to kill you... :0) semper fi and best of luck in your mopar obsession...

Thanks, and then some!!!! A few around here. And a Welcome!!!!! Had 4 or 5 friends,out of San Diego.Glad to have you!!!! Nice ride,are you willing to detail?

What you want to know ,it was order by military guy in Germany it stated life as a real 340 with 3 speed sassy grass green,I retired from Chrysler after 35 years and knew the owner a ford guy who worked at the mustang plant , at talked him out of it,and been in my collection for sometime now.

-
Back