UTG vs DDG

UTG or DDG for the win??

• UTG

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • DDG

Votes: 16 64.0%

• Total voters
-
This is aside from the race, but UTG has said more than once it's a business and his lively hood. He cannot put 25k into a channel car or he'd go upside down. He has to do things cost effective, meaning the videos pay more than he is putting into the projects, plus pay rent for the shop. Agree or disagree with his methods, ok. But in the end, it's a business. He takes nothing from nobody because it's free to watch.
What I assume the big difference from your content to his is you would be doing what your doing basically anyways and just documenting and if it helps and entertains all the better. With Tony most of his projects are for content only purposes only and they got to pay for themselves in views $$$$ which ain't as high as people seem to think. But so far he's kind of built junk which leads people to believe that all he's capable of true or not.

Ya but that's your car for you, not something you got to throw money into for a show that's making hundreds of dollars an episode. His personal fleet of cars he seems to put a little more effort into, the car he's dragging here was supposed to be some kind of off road buggy for some kind of race, built with a truck frame and a plate floor and half way switched to a drag car with parts he had laying around, it is what it is, was a 4 door car on it way to be junked now it something, what that something is IDK :)
That's true.

What I assume the big difference from your content to his is you would be doing what your doing basically anyways and just documenting and if it helps and entertains all the better. With Tony most of his projects are for content only purposes only and they got to pay for themselves in views $$$$ which ain't as high as people seem to think. But so far he's kind of built junk which leads people to believe that all he's capable of true or not.
Exactly. I'm just sharing what I've been doing for years. Extension of the hobby as I put it.

Exactly. I'm just sharing what I've been doing for years. Extension of the hobby as I put it.
And I appreciate you for doing so. You do what UT seems to want to do help the little guy with realistic budgets and goals the average guy can accomplish, but he misses the mark with his builds, he's better at UT Story hour, even though I have little interest in that.

I’ll tell y’all one thing about that video.
It was more interesting watching these guys go slow and break **** than watching a close race at 125mph between multi hundred thousand dollar cars.

I’ll tell y’all one thing about that video.
It was more interesting watching these guys go slow and break **** than watching a close race at 125mph between multi hundred thousand dollar cars.
I always prefer to see things people built themselves.. people always ask me to go to car shows and **** and it's just guys with too much money that bought done cars or paid to have them built which doesn't do **** for me. The only thing i don't like bout UTG is he doesn't really show good ways to do stuff or give good advice.. but for grandpa storytime i could see people liking it

I always prefer to see things people built themselves.. people always ask me to go to car shows and **** and it's just guys with too much money that bought done cars or paid to have them built which doesn't do **** for me. The only thing i don't like bout UTG is he doesn't really show good ways to do stuff or give good advice.. but for grandpa storytime i could see people liking it
The only good advice i seen UT give, is you don't necessarily need to modernize you old car to get enjoyment out of it. And you kind of see that here, people buy an old mopar, and want a bit better ride and handling and pep, and go straight for should I swap in full coilover suspension and a gen 3 hemi, when a set of sway bars and 4bbl and exhaust would do them.

At the very least, Tony speaks in tones like a normal guy.
That dork from the other channel changes his vocal inflection way too much.
At the time that I rebuilt the 340 I was short on cash so I went with off the shelf cast pistons that had a lower compression ratio than I really wanted.

Listen to his videos where he speaks, not where he talks with another person. His vocal tone is really annoying.
I have been watching his and Tom's channels for quite a few years.
He works on stuff and gets it back on the road. He also is on Rocket Resto channel with Tom.
Rocket Restorations does great work.
Still better than fake ads Mark Worman. Or silly drama
There are worse things on the tube

Last edited:
I agree but I hate to listen to someone with an annoying voice. The guy is the male equivalent of Fran Drescher.

I agree but I hate to listen to someone with an annoying voice. The guy is the male equivalent of Fran Drescher.
His brother sounds the same way. I have on the one where he and his young son are on a road trip to see the eclipse in the mid 60s white fury.
As things woukd have it I hurt my back and neck. I was trying to fix my old Hot Tub that would fix my back and neck.
Ironically it made them worse, but that's life.
So any good or close to good content on TV is good to go.

Nicer to see him joking in a funny voices instead of fake drama and gett ikeing bleeped, and fighting with crew.
Broke a trans took it innstride and got a used one, back on.the roads.
In these pics he stoped and grabbed a Speedo cable
He looks like he had a great time with his son. Priceless moment's there.

20240610_140549.jpg

20240610_140528.jpg

20240610_140514.jpg

I like these call-outs on youtube, because you get to see the builds and actual race on video. Youtube has lots of communities, just like FABO is a community. You get to know the members, their character, etc no matter where they are from. And it's amazing how much they (we) talk, email, and such behind the scenes. Doesn't matter if it's a car community, off-grid living community, or whatever.

And amazingly enough, once you are part of that community, there is accountability. Just like here. Do bad deals, or such, you get exposed pretty quickly and you wear out your welcome. Also, the support for each other is amazing as well.

Last edited:
I like these call-outs on youtube, because you get to see the builds and actual race on video. Youtube has lots of communities, just like FABO is a community. You get to know the members, their character, etc no matter where they are from. And it's amazing how much they (we) talk, email, and such behind the scenes. Doesn't matter if it's a car community, off-grid living community, or whatever.

And amazingly enough, once you are part of that community, there is accountability. Just like here. Do bad deals, or such, you get exposed pretty quickly and you wear out your welcome. Also, the support for each other is amazing as well.
I like them too. The call outs span a few episodes.
And I also liked your quick Honda video. Funny thing was I needed to do same thing on a Civic Coupe. So was glad you did it. I figure it was straight forward, but t's never really know. So was glad you took the time to show it being done. I then knew I would be in for no surprises when I did them.
As far as call outs go..... Remember Dan Da Man called me out when he gets a car.

Tony probably does more to introduce more young people to the hobby, specifically the MOPAR hobby than anyone here on this site. You'd think he'd get a little credit for that, but no. All people can do is criticize him for racing with a bad LCA bushing? How many of us have driven bad ones on the street? Raced um and not even known about it. Talk about a pitiful excuse to hammer on somebody.

DDG is a professor of engineering and engine building. UTG is a putz.

If the rear end would not have blown i bet DDG witkd have won.
You would have thought as far as traveled Tony would have said bring it back to my shop. Double teamed it and put a new used chunk (3rd member, in it)
I mean come on I got 6-8 with close enough gears to the ratio needed here.
355, 391,410.
If all it needed was a new center, I gave a loaner, gear oil, and U Joints. No lift but a,driveway to swap um in.

You're missing my entire thread then over in racers forum

Tony probably does more to introduce more young people to the hobby, specifically the MOPAR hobby than anyone here on this site. You'd think he'd get a little credit for that, but no. All people can do is criticize him for racing with a bad LCA bushing? How many of us have driven bad ones on the street? Raced um and not even known about it. Talk about a pitiful excuse to hammer on somebody.
I don't see many people crediting utg for introducing them to the hobby or Mopar but what I can clearly see is his mindless drone fanboys who do nothing but stick up for him and repeat bad advice and probably were hacks to start but hell, it's kind of a free country

• I personally think slaghammer is a cool, unique car. Has a lot of yesteryear in it. One of a kind that's for sure.
  • I have a weakness for the Dodge Demons. Had one when I was 16. DDG has a beautiful car.

-
Back