V8 center link question

-
66 and older the 6 cyl center link is straight, the v8 has a dip in the middle. 67 and up they all have the dip.

v-8 is thicker & has a more pronounced drop,, the rusty one is a six cylinder style- Lawrence

Attachments

• IMG_8460.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 246
Thanks for the pics, that makes a lot more sense to me now.
Someone asked me to check the 66 /6 Valiant I'm parting for a V8 center link.. How common is it for a /6 car to get one?

For a 66 it's fairly common, especially late production cars. My guess is Mopar built out the early a 6 cyl cars with the 6 cyl part until they ran out and then standardized on the V8 part from there. Later cars were standardized. The early A body was designed to be a 6 cyl car, and the small block was modded in 64 to fit them (LA engine). The different center link was a holdover from the V8 conversion.

For 67, the A body was reconfigured to accommodate both small block and big block V8s and pretty much everything was the same except the mounts on the K-member.

that picture I posted -- the v-8 link came from this 1966 dart -slant car. Lawrence

Attachments

• IMG_7932.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 188
that picture I posted -- the v-8 link came from this 1966 dart -slant car. Lawrence

Lawrence, is that the mighty "Shiloh" or "Shilah"...looks like the Ramchargers first attempt at the candy stripe paint job. Other more refined cars were soon to follow!!!LOL!! Geof

at the time it was my middle school aged son's girlfriend, his friend & him did the paint job-- that's what they wanted to do for some help I needed!! it was a fun day-- I really like digital cameras. Lawrence

-
Back