V8 Commando emblem fender location

-

Hemioutlaw

Make America Great Again!
Reaction score
Going to add these emblems to the front fenders on my 65 Barracuda and they were not originally there. I need some help getting the exact location where these were mounted so I can very carefully drill holes for the posts. Pics will help.
Thanks in advance for any help I can get

Attachments

• vc196.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 329
You'll have to zoom in...only pics I have of my car showing badge.

Attachments

• IMG_0539.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 280
hope these help.

Attachments

• 65 cuda 035.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 298
  • 65 cuda 031.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 271
You'll have to zoom in...only pics I have of my car showing badge.

Thanks,
I can see that the emblem is aligned with the headlight centerline. Do you know if these emblems were a factory install on your car? If so can you tell me what the distance is from the headlight trim ring to the emblem? I've provided a pic of the distance I need.

Attachments

• 2014-04-27 11.10.48.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 246
Mine is a factory commando car. I'll have to measure when I get over to my shop, the car isn't at my house.

Maybe send Keith/66340sedan a pm?? He's knowledgable on the early a's.....I cant believe no-one has gotten you the measurements yet.

The distance you outlined with your pic is 3 3/16th" from the edge of the head light ring to the very front end of the emblem.........

This is a bonafide original untouched fender.......

Attachments

• COMMANDO V-8 emblem location 001.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 221
Sorry I couldn't be more help......wife had back surgery last week......I haven't been to my shop where the car is.

WooHoo !!!

Rick,
You are the man, and thanks to all that offered to help.
Totally understand that people have lives that don't revolve around Pauls needs (hate when that happens haha) but was really ocding on this emblem thing.

God bless ya all, drinks are on the house and everybody take the rest of the day off with pay.

Happy Feet !!!

-
Back