V8 swap center link confusion and question

-

Mopar92

Reaction score
Many years ago I swapped a V8 into a slant six 70 Dart. I had to change the pitman and center link if I recall. A local Mopar guy said the 73 Duster won't require a center link swap. Is this true? I can keep all of the /6 steering that's in it now with the 360? Thanks.

I think the only time you have to swap the center link from slant 6 to v-8 is on the early a's 66 and earlier....

It seems like I had interference on the 70 swap but that's been way too long ago. Too many projects have cluttered the mind! Thanks

The only A body cars that needed a steering link swap were the 1963-66 models. ALL 1967-1976 models used steering linkage that was compatible with any factory installed engine.
The 73-76 model stuff is a better setup but you have to keep all of the components together. In other words, no swapping in a 72 Idler and pitman. Also, 67-72 used a slightly different strut rod and bushing.

Maybe that's what it was. Maybe I bought the wrong pitman arm and had to find the correct one. Maybe that's what it was.

Don't forget to click THANKS when someone helps out. (Lower right hand corner)

-
Back