Vacation Progress on the Vart

-

OldVart

Reaction score
Wellll, over the past 2 weeks I managed to blow 800 pounds of blasting sand at the front end of the Valiant. There's probably 700 lbs on the ground, 50 lbs still in various crevices of the car, and the other 50 lbs has either gone down the shower drain, or is still in my ears or between my toes. :)

By 6 pm this last Thursday, I had 2 good coats of epoxy primer on the complete front end. Time for a little break to let the rest of the sand wash and work out. :cheers:

I was all ready to start blasting, but couldn't find the car! :glasses9: Then I realized I had my reading glasses on and couldn't see more than 3 feet! Off glasses, there's the damned car, start blowing sand. :happy10:

66Val_Aug_08 001 (Small).jpg

66Val_Aug_08 002 (Small).jpg

66Val_Aug_08 003 (Small).jpg

66Val_Aug_08 006 (Small).jpg

66Val_Aug_08 012 (Small).jpg

66Val_Aug_08 016 (Small).jpg

66Val_Aug_08 017 (Small).jpg

66Val_Aug_08 007 (Small).jpg

WOW, you did all that sandblasting without a face shield or hood? Your one tough old Vart.

Well look at you go!!=D>
If I remember right you built the rotisserie didn't you ?
The vart sure looks great Sid :thumbrig:

And its good to put a face with a name.
And a happy one too.:rock:
I had to go out and buy two jack stands today so I can get my 8 1/4 rear out the truck, Kids :banghead: I bet I have bought 5 sets and they seem to always
need to be used and never returned.
You did a very fine job on your 66 Vart she looks smoother then silk.
Congratulations Sid . Glad to see you are still moving forward.:salut:

Very inspiring :wave:

Thanks Leanna. Did I mention I LOVE sandblasting? :)

What type of sand are you using? I used to be able to get no 1 white sand but they told me can't get it anymore. Play sand from Home Depot/Lowes won't work in my pressure blaster. I just love sandblasting myself. It's so much fun!

WOW, you did all that sandblasting without a face shield or hood? Your one tough old Vart.

LOL! I had a good hood on, and a couple of those blasting days were in the +90 degree range. After about 10 hours of blasting on those days, the only thing tough about me was the smell. 8)

Well look at you go!!=D>
If I remember right you built the rotisserie didn't you ?
The vart sure looks great Sid :thumbrig:

And its good to put a face with a name.
And a happy one too.:rock:
I had to go out and buy two jack stands today so I can get my 8 1/4 rear out the truck, Kids :banghead: I bet I have bought 5 sets and they seem to always
need to be used and never returned.
You did a very fine job on your 66 Vart she looks smoother then silk.
Congratulations Sid . Glad to see you are still moving forward.:salut:

Very inspiring :wave:

I know what you mean about things disappearing Mike. I've had a lot of tools grow legs over the years. :spiderma:

Hey, I have a bone to pick with you mister!! I noticed while I was busy working on the Vart that you were welcoming one of the guys to the Old Farts club, and you called me an old Geezer!! If you look closely, you'll see there are at least 4 hairs left under that hat. :toothy10: Now we're even. :snakeman:

Yeah, Mike, I built that rotesserie about 3 years ago. Sure saves a lot of wear on this old geerer's bones. :)

Damm, nice work!! and hard work to, Ya gotta love the car to work like that, imagine when it's done.

What type of sand are you using? I used to be able to get no 1 white sand but they told me can't get it anymore. Play sand from Home Depot/Lowes won't work in my pressure blaster. I just love sandblasting myself. It's so much fun!

It's just a #4 silica sand I get at the local Peavy Mart - similar to Harbour Freight I believe. I think the play sand is a little coarse for a cheapy little blaster like mine. #5 is about as coarse as I can go and still get decent results.

Quote OldVart= Hey, I have a bone to pick with you mister!! I noticed while I was busy working on the Vart that you were welcoming one of the guys to the Old Farts club, and you called me an old Geezer!! If you look closely, you'll see there are at least 4 hairs left under that hat

Yep !! you got me, :cheers:
It must be that great Canadian air that is keeping you tuff as a grizzly.:blob:
Treva was very happy to see you.:love7:
I am going to go put my cap back on this old farts bald head and have a cold on after supper.

You are back in the oldfarts club Sid. Looking tuff bud.=D>

couch0.jpg

Don't worry too much about the hat Mike, we all eventually grow up through our hair if we live long enough.
Really, the only difference between now and when I was 30 is I'm a lot thicker in the middle, and a lot thinner on top. :) And the wife says I'm not as pretty as I used to be........the nerve of some people's kids!!

-
Back