vacuum issues

-

75Dart440

Reaction score
I have a 440 in my 75 Dart sport. I really wanted to run power brakes on it so I had to get a smaller brake booster to clear the valve covers. I installed it and found that i have no assist... called the manufacturer and found out the booster needs a minimum of 18 inches of vacuum to make it do anything. I have a mildy agressive cam in the 440 and it puts out about 14 inches of vacuum. Sooo I need an electric vacuum pump. Anyone else got any other ideas to create more vacuum? I found some vacuum pump kits on ebay but they are around 250$ I was looking at vacuum pumps that diesels use to run their cruise and other accessories but i dont think they will create enough vacuum. SOMEONE HELP!

They hydraboost would be great, but if funds don't permit, you could just add a vacuum canister somewhere to store some vacuum. Would probably only have enough for one or two power applies before it was diminished, but it wouldn't take long to recover. OR, you might try the Mopar Performance brake master cylinder relocation plate. It relocates the master cylinder an inch or so to the driver's side to clear the Hemi valve cover. That way, you might could squeeze a regular size booster in.

-
Back