Vacuum leak driving me nuts!

-
D

Dirty Scamp

I am 100% positive that my Scamp has a vacuum leak but I am stumped on wear it's coming from. I used the old carb cleaner technique and it seemed to cause the engine to sputter when I sprayed it near the intake flange AND down under the intake. I hosed all around by the carb and got nothing. I sprayed around the vacuum lines and got nothing. Do these /6's have issues with intake leaks?

Get your self a intake/exhaust manifold gasket kit and make sure its a thick paper unit to help stop some of the warpeage of the intake and exhaust manifold,mrmopartech

Google Gippsland Pentastar Restoration Services (GPRS), go to their website, and order new intake/exhaust gaskets and the hotbox gasket. They are in Australia but will have the parts to you in a week or so. They make the best gaskets available for the old slants and their quirks. Nev and Kevin are great to work with. Took 'em 8 days to get gaskets to me, but they were in the middle of a brushfire that got within 150 feet of their shop. Hope this helps.

ya...the intakes/exhausts can warp

machined one for a guy a few years ago....what a pig to set up...and it was warped alot...more than 1/8"

Yeah, the whole design just doesn't look very good considering the weight that's on there. I'm going to asume that both the intake and exhaust manifolds are iron, right. That's a lot of weight, I'm sure not looking forward to pulling that huge contraption off! I may just wait until I can justify getting a Clifford set up with the intake, headers and a two barrel.

-
Back