Valiant 62 with 5.7 HEMI ??

-

valle6062

Reaction score
I have another Valiant 62 that I started to work with. I will spread the front frames and put a front end from a Dart Swinger 1974 on it. I will allso change the transmission frame and the rear end. 8.1/4"

Know I have some thougt about put a 5.7 HEMI in it insted of the 5.9 MAGNUM that it was ment to be.

Do anybody have any ideas about it?:glasses7:

Did not do the Hemi , I went with a 6.0 L/S motor and power glide . Will be finished with change over by middle of March .

The 5.9 Magnum is SO easy to install, only issue is with exhaust routing. ANY ODD engine swap is going to be custom all the way. Some of the "minor" fitment issues will be a lot of work and often done more then once.

Background: 440 dodge in a 69 AMX and last time a 6.0 LY6 engine in the same AMX, both with Richmond 5 speed.

Hotrod magazine came out with an article of someone who did the swap in 2012. At that time I had a 5.7 hemi mocked up in my lancer. When I saw someone else had beat me to it. I yanked the hemi out and went on the mission of installing an srt4 in my 62 lancer instead. But look up tincups build he installed the hemi in his 65 dart. That's the best example for your swap

Hotrod magazine came out with an article of someone who did the swap in 2012. At that time I had a 5.7 hemi mocked up in my lancer. When I saw someone else had beat me to it. I yanked the hemi out and went on the mission of installing an srt4 in my 62 lancer instead. But look up tincups build he installed the hemi in his 65 dart. That's the best example for your swap

Yes, I have looked up Tincups Dart. The thing is that he used the AK front end and thats a hell of a diffrent swap. When use a AK. the whole suspession make it a diffrent kind of car. Is just like I would put a Hemi in some old Volvo 240 :D

You dont have any photos from your lancer 5.7 HEMI swap?

Yes, I have looked up Tincups Dart. The thing is that he used the AK front end and thats a hell of a diffrent swap. When use a AK. the whole suspession make it a diffrent kind of car. Is just like I would put a Hemi in some old Volvo 240 :D

You dont have any photos from your lancer 5.7 HEMI swap?

i was in the beginning efforts of the swap. if you;re going with a 904 your tunnel has a chance but if you're going with the hemi' trans your tunnel will need to be opened up. it will fit, with the right oil pan
(these are not mine)

Attachments

• val 17.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 529
  • val 10.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 466
  • val 8.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 430
Just wondering if you have every seen a L/S in a Valiant ? I did it because that's what I wanted . I can up grade to a L/S 7 just by changing motors . If you put a 5.7 in that's what you got . I don't knock people for being different . My 2 Buick Regal drag cars have Chevy motors in them .

As I wrote in my first post here. I will go with a HEMI because I Think I will be the first in Sweden with that setup in an early A, and not just an early, but the first A-body. :D
The second reason is that I allready have one 62 with a 273/904/8.3/4" with disc brakes all around.
On this one I will go with the 74 Swinger front and rear end. with the big bolt pattern. So I will spread the frame in the front aprox 36mm and I will also take the 727 tunnel from the floor with the transmission frame. it will be a lot of welding, but what a hell, there is a lot worse thing a man can do on his free time of day:glasses7:
here is my other Val, I will take it out tomorrow from its Winter sleep :glasses7:

Attachments

• IMG_0433.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 418
  • 061.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 424
  • 060.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 402
That looks slick , just wondering where the gas tank is located ,the mufflers look to be where the gas tank was ?

I know; some chebby nut does that about 10 times a day; crossbreeding isn't cool, like trying to get your cat to have lab puppies

Chasing folks off the forum for going a different route isnt cool either. Go join the ebody site. Ebody owners are a bunch of stuck up purists, youd fit right in.

Just wondering if you have every seen a L/S in a Valiant ? I did it because that's what I wanted . I can up grade to a L/S 7 just by changing motors . If you put a 5.7 in that's what you got . I don't knock people for being different . My 2 Buick Regal drag cars have Chevy motors in them .
Don't listen to him, hes being a jack.
:finga:

Chasing folks off the forum for going a different route isnt cool either. Go join the ebody site. Ebody owners are a bunch of stuck up purists, youd fit right in.

well in that case you should pull that slant out of your car, it must be no good; best to go with a 250 straight 6 chev

Assuming that all e-body owners are stuck up purist isn't cool either...I own one and I'm not a purist or stuck up...and I could care less if some sticks a Chevy, Ford, Detroit 8V92 or whatever motor they want in their car....it's theirs they can do what they want with it...that's how Hot Rodding started

Chasing folks off the forum for going a different route cool either. Go join the ebody site. Ebody owners are a bunch of stuck up purists, youd fit right in.

That looks slick , just wondering where the gas tank is located ,the mufflers look to be where the gas tank was ?

The gas tank is placed in the trunk right behind the back seat. Its a tank from a Mercedes 190 1986. It was ment to be a fuel cell. But according to the law in Sweden I need to have the filler neck outside of the car, and then I thought that, what the heck, why spend 300 US$ when I could get it for free at the junk jard :D

Good thinking , I used the factory tank in mine . You did a nice job on the exhaust .Looks like it is tucked real close to the floor pans .

Good thinking , I used the factory tank in mine . You did a nice job on the exhaust .Looks like it is tucked real close to the floor pans .

I tried to get it as Close as possible. I really hate when the pipes hangs like slappy ropes under the car. Its mounted with tiny rubber mounts. Lookes like tiny motor mounts.
please forgive my bad English. Hope you understand what I´m talking about :D

I understand , nothing worse than pipes hanging below the body line . I cut the torque arms out when I put a coil spring front end on mine . My exhaust runs thru the frame where the torque arms were . I used 2-1/4 o.d. pipe

well in that case you should pull that slant out of your car, it must be no good; best to go with a 250 straight 6 chev
Now that's definitely a moronic post,^^^ what part of that makes any sense? I'm not a dick so I should swap out my slant for a Chevy six? Odd logic...

-
Back