Valiant front clip swap?

-

vntned

Reaction score
So I have acquired a ‘67 Valiant recently, and while it’s not currently the project I am focusing on, I have been trying to build a plan in my head of how I want to do it.

My current curiosity is to what front clips, (fenders, nose, hood and grill), can I swap on to this body. The valiant front end is kinda dowdy looking as is. Will a early duster front clip go on? I really like the shark tooth grill! Or maybe a ‘67-‘69 barracuda front clip?

What fits?

21FBEF19-6288-41E1-9AF5-FF59A09BFF70.jpeg

Honestly, any '67 and up A body front clip (with the exception of Barracudas) will fit, possibly with a few minor bolt differences.
Heck, a few years back there was a Duster running around here with a '69 GTS front end on it. Looked weird to my eye, but it all fit.

I picked up a 68 valiant for my oldest to drive and you can paint the grill, I redid his with "chrome" paint and satin black, just a option if you wanted to keep it.

20211205_155617.jpg

20211128_171556.jpg

Those might bolt on, but the body lines won't match up. The Valiant doors are flat with a crease, and the Barracuda doors are totally rounded with a different line near the top edge — there would probably be a noticeable gap at the front edge of the door. Dusters are closer to the Valiant but I don't know if the creases would line up. Search for side view photos and compare.

Those might bolt on, but the body lines won't match up. The Valiant doors are flat with a crease, and the Barracuda doors are totally rounded with a different line near the top edge — there would probably be a noticeable gap at the front edge of the door. Dusters are closer to the Valiant but I don't know if the creases would line up. Search for side view photos and compare.
That's why I said "with the exception of Barracudas".

All you’d need to change out to go to the 70-72 frontend is the hood, grill, lower filler panel and maybe the header panel (not sure about that one).

Anything but a Barracuda can be used, and everything will line up just fine.

75slant6 is right about the ‘70-72 Duster front, the Valiant fenders are the same as the Duster fenders so the parts list is shorter- hood, hood latch support, grille, and probably the fill panel.

For a Dart front clip you’d need all that plus the fenders and bumper, and swap the lower fill panel for a valance.

The body lines on the Darts/Demon/Duster/Valiant/Scamp are all the same, all of those models are just different by the bodywork ahead of the doors. Just unbolt everything that unbolts and swap it, it’s what the factory did. Heck the door skins on on the hardtop and sport body cars are the same too. Even the inner shell is basically the same, the start the same and then have minor bracket and mounting hole differences based on the wing vent windows. Posty car doors/ 4 door car doors are a bit different but the body line remained the same.

Pictures of valiant/duster swaps here
72 TO 68/9 TRANSFER

And my ‘74 Duster into a ‘71 Demon…
IMG_9945.jpeg

IMG_1717.jpeg

-
Back