Valiant K member?

-

oregonhd

big daddy John
Reaction score
my question that I am seeking help with is I have a freshly rebuilt K member from a 75 Valiant, prep for the schumacher 440 mounts, disc brakes and new rubber, will this set up bolt up to my 72 dodge dart? the k members look the same, even the steering box looks like the same. difference being the 75 has a sway bar, I would like to know for sure before I go unbolting stuff, thanks

It will bolt right in to your 72, and for all intents and purposes they are the same dimensions. What is not the same is the way the sway bar mounts between 72 and earlier cars and the 73 and later spool type K-frame. The mounting tabs for the sway bars on the 73 and later style K are mounted on the top of the LCA, and the sway bar passes through the center web of the K, whereas the earlier style mounts under the K and the tabs on the LCA's are on the bottom. Of course you know about the motor mount difference, but if you are just changing the K right now and can wait to hook up the sway bar until later, the K will bolt right in. In the included pics, the early sway bar setup is the painted unit and the rusty stuff is the later type. Hope this helps, Geof

Attachments

• 100_2923.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 119
  • 100_2924.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 110
  • 100_2925.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 130
-
Back