Valiant signet -65 frame

-

signet65

Reaction score
Hello. I have a big problem. I live in Finland. I have valiant signet -65 and i want take roof off, but examiner say to is not possible beacase valiant and valiant convertible have different frames and different windshield frame. Is that true? I very appreciate if somebody can tell me is that true.

I don't know about different windshield frames, but the front and back of the frames are boxed-in on the corners and there are different door catches on the doors, like my 65 Dart has. I would think that if you put decent frame connectors under it that you would be fine, in the frame department. I hope others chime in because I am not expert. Are the windshields the same from a regular 65 Valiant and a convertible???

G'day, if you don't get a definate reply here, I would suggest that you go to slant 6 forum and talk to slantsixdan - he will know for sure.
Good luck
Gary

Hello. I have a big problem. I live in Finland. I have valiant signet -65 and i want take roof off, but examiner say to is not possible beacase valiant and valiant convertible have different frames and different windshield frame. Is that true? I very appreciate if somebody can tell me is that true.
Windshields are the same , gaskets not! but it's a cosmetic thing on the inside of the gasket. top frame is different hardtop to convertible. door latches are the same but have a wedge that keeps it from rattling. lower rockers on the convertible has a large/thick piece of metal inside it going from the front wheel to the rear well/torque boxes
I don't know how well you can see it but there are 3 screws in the top frame that holds the convertible only sunvisor mounts and the center mirror mounts on that piece also. different than a hardtop.
it is boxed in but you can get just that piece shipped to you . if you do though you'll need to add this brace in the frame section(to help stiffen the top frame since there is not top on the car.)
View attachment frame stiffener.JPG

3 screws going into the bottom of the frame to hold visors and mounting point

View attachment DSCF2053.JPG
here's the reinforcement of the rockers
View attachment 048.jpg
pretty beefy to slow down body flex
View attachment 049.jpg
the anti rattle wedges go in this area same door as a hardtop different vent frame
View attachment wedges.JPG

here's the difference in the hardtop (pointy) and the convertible
(flat top)
View attachment 1008121505a.jpg

-
Back