[WANTED] Valiant Small Block AC Hoses

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well... It is a 71' Valiant with a 360. Had a Slant 6, Upgraded to a V8.

Last edited:
Do you have the old hoses to ck length? I have some 8 cyl and some 6 cyl. Not sure which is which though.

Sadly I do not have them, but I do know that the one I need from the condenser to the Compressor (smaller diameter and has the two bolt ear attachment to the front of the compressor) has about a 18" section of flex hose where as the slant has about an 8" section of flex hose. The larger diameter line from the compressor to the evaporator has a very short length to the muffler where the slant hose has about a 12" section of flex hose before the 90 degree turn back to the firewall. Really wish I could be more specific but I got the motor with the AC Compressor and no hoses shooting in the dark. If you had Pix, I'd probably know. Thanks!!!!

Sadly I do not have them, but I do know that the one I need from the condenser to the Compressor (smaller diameter and has the two bolt ear attachment to the front of the compressor) has about a 18" section of flex hose where as the slant has about an 8" section of flex hose. The larger diameter line from the compressor to the evaporator has a very short length to the muffler where the slant hose has about a 12" section of flex hose before the 90 degree turn back to the firewall. Really wish I could be more specific but I got the motor with the AC Compressor and no hoses shooting in the dark. If you had Pix, I'd probably know. Thanks!!!!
I'll dig them out as soon as I get a chance and post a pic. Your description sounds like they should be easy to identify.

F568AC3F-30E6-4685-B4A9-F023615639E4.jpeg
These are the ones for the Slant 6. This hose is the one from the compressor to the Evaporator. The top horizontal length will be almost 0", or I guess the bottom leg length could be a lot longer??? May or may not have a muffler.
IMG_1737.JPG
This one is the one from the Compressor to the Condenser. The hose length or at least the total length will need to be significantly longer. The compressor sits off to the side on the slant and in the middle of the Small Block so one needs to be shorter, the other longer. I'm sure you know that but just FYI. Thanks for looking!!!!

Last edited:
Thanks, What are you thinking for the one with the muffler, shipped to Tiffin, Ohio 44883

So.. I am still in need of the Hose running from the Compressor to the Condenser. Any luck out there?

If you can find one of a slant 6 you can have the hose replaced at a hose shop. I sold some off a 74 Scamp a while back and that’s what he did. They are the same except the rubber hose is shorter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back