Valiant tail light swap 67-69

-

magnummopar

Reaction score
Might be a stupid question buut does anybody know if valiant tail lights swap between years from 67-69? I just acquired a 68 but think the 67, 69 or 70 would look better for what I plan on doing. I am pretty sure that the 67-69 takes the same quarter panel so thinking light assys might swap. Thanks for any advise/experience shared.

The difference is in the cross bracket in the opening. I'm 90% the 67-8's swap and maybe the 9's too. If your going to use the 70-up I think you need to take the cross support out or modify it. The back of the tail light frame contours changed and it's a trial and error. The 70-up also don't have reverse lenses,they are in the bumper.

I'm not a fan of the 68 lights either. I will be selling off some 67's as soon as I go through them all.

I put a '68 set in a '70 years ago. The were just a little different, so a few minutes with a round file to the car on each side was all it took.

I think the 67 Signet has the best decor packages with all the stainless,chrome and polished trim it really stands out and more on darker cars. I'm not a fan of argent paint. I will be going through some of my 67 stuff and I will have a set or 2.

I am thinking that the 69-70 will suit the build a bit better, offer a smoother look. we just picked it up the other day to do a magnum swap with injection and overdrive. Serious suspension and brakes, but not flashy. I like the steelies on it but the 14's have to go. 17's minimum . Here it is.....

Attachments

• valiant hood.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 179
Fiberglass nose ?? -- Looks like, at least, the hood is.

I think that I saw it on Craigslist. The hood is interesting 73/74 Roadrunner scoop looks good. I personally like the 68 taillights.

the hood is actually a 73 runner hood skinned and grafted to 69 valiant hood. The front fenders and grill are also 69. the car is a 68. It has a barracuda dash from factory(supposedly) . Bucket seats from ? something mopar....everything else is stock. funny how tiny it looks next to a dart.
The 68 taillights remind me of the chrome scoops/louvers on the 65 dart doors.

so I have not found a good set of 70 lights but found a set of 71. Does anybody know iff 70 and 71 are the same? really like the idea of no back up lights in tail light. can always hide an led under valance. Sorry for all the questions but I know Darts and Barracudas much better than Valiants. Am getting ready to play with the 68 as the weather breaks and monsoon season ends. Thanks for the help.

-
Back