Valley pan

-
I use a 440 source pan on my 440. The only thing I don't like about it is it can't be installed or removed unless at least one head is removed. O would have used the stock set up with the integrated gaskets but the ports on it are meant for stock heads so they're way too small.

I use a 440 source pan on my 440. The only thing I don't like about it is it can't be installed or removed unless at least one head is removed. O would have used the stock set up with the integrated gaskets but the ports on it are meant for stock heads so they're way too small.

what brand of heads are on it ?

They are cc ported. The ports are opened up to 255 cc.

mine is removeable, raised port heads. had a permanent clear center in it for awhile, was kick *** to see everything moving while it was running. but I spilled some b12 chemtool on it and ruined it !:eek:ops:

mine is removeable, raised port heads. had a permanent clear center in it for awhile, was kick *** to see everything moving while it was running. but I spilled some b12 chemtool on it and ruined it !:eek:ops:

Nice! I look at the non removable setup as a problem. I run Fel-Pro 1009 head gaskets and they cost about $40 each so I have to throw the money away every time I need to remove the plate, not to mention the hassle of pulling a head. I'm thinking about cutting mine either down the center or a diagonal cut from corner to corner and very carefully welding an overlap lip on one half then drilling holes through and welding nuts on the bottom of the half that sits under the lip so I can seal the seam with silicone and use 1/4-20 fasteners to bolt the halves together. Might also try bOb Shinglers solution that he mentioned. One way or another it has to be dealt with.

-
Back