Valuation Needed

-

Ogre Backwash

Reaction score
For the purpose of settling my insurance claim I need a valuation for this full 1/4 panel from a 1965 Barracuda that was stolen from my property last September 2022. This was a rust-free, damage free full 1/4th of the car cut down the center-line and included the trunk floor and 1/2 the spare tire well. rear floor and door sill, c-pillar and partial roof. Included trim and tail light. What would this cost to replace today? I believe it was sold for scrap but there is a very slim chance it was sold to a collector. It is yellow and had gold interior. Last seen Lafayette CA, central Contra Costa County Thank you in advance for your help.
Paul

65 Barracuda rt, quarter panel.jpg

Last edited:
That's a good bit more than a quarter panel.
Id price that as what I believe it is/was taken as... wall art.... that could end up in an establishment somewhere that could be on somebody's wall in their mansion for instance might sound funny but that could be very well be a couple Grand easily or more to the right person.

I grew up there, who knew it would become a crime ridden area. :poke:
It is very much the same boring affluent suburb that it has always been crawling with aspirational real estate agents. Folks have the same insane obsession with property values and the quality of the schools. Very much a bunch of NIMBYs. Nice weather, folks are generally nice and quality of life is good. Naturally the high school kids drink, smoke pot and do drugs in mass quantity.
That's a good bit more than a quarter panel.
It's a shame it was stolen. It was going to be the solution to my 65 barracuda's rot in the trunk extension and the lower quarter panel where they always rot when the drains or weep holes get clogged

It is very much the same boring affluent suburb that it has always been crawling with aspirational real estate agents. Folks have the same insane obsession with property values and the quality of the schools. Very much a bunch of NIMBYs. Nice weather, folks are generally nice and quality of life is good. Naturally the high school kids drink, smoke pot and do drugs in mass quantity.

It's a shame it was stolen. It was going to be the solution to my 65 barracuda's rot in the trunk extension and the lower quarter panel where they always rot when the drains or weep holes get clogged
Luckily, Layson's sell the lower rear quarter and the outer wheelhouse. I would imagine they have the trunk extensions, too. @Rick@Laysons can tell you.

Yeah, I was one of those high schools kids (Dons) in my loud and fun '65 Mustang that my dad helped me build. But back then it was soooo different (almost rural) than it is today (more like the Midwest where I live now). Hard to imagine someone would target such a specific part for your '65.

Yeah, I was one of those high schools kids (Dons) in my loud and fun '65 Mustang that my dad helped me build. But back then it was soooo different (almost rural) than it is today (more like the Midwest where I live now). Hard to imagine someone would target such a specific part for your '65.
The Acalanes Dons. I was a Del Valle Trojan class of 76. It was much less built up when I arrived in 1970. Lots of girls I knew had horses. It's much more hemmed in now.
Pretty sure the quarter panel was stolen by a metal thief. My BBQ grill, Arien roto tiller and a nice road bike all went missing one day.

Last edited:
The Acalanes Dons. I was a Del Valle Trojan class of 76. It was much less built up when I arrived in 1970. Lots of girls I knew had horses. It's much more hemmed in now.
I was just after you and many friends from Del who came to Acalanes after the closure. Many weekends cruising The Main. Many friends still there as well, many who were fortunate enough to inherit their parents homes and tax basis.

FWIW.....for the '65 Barracuda....

Lower rear quarter patches are $275 each, the wheel opening patches are $295 each

.....AND.......the '64-'66 Plymouth A-body trunk extension panels are rumored to be showing up here at our warehouse in the next few weeks....they are going to be priced at $239 each.:thumbsup:

I will be posting a notice when they are under our roof and ready to ship out.

What sources will they accept for valuation estimates?

Lower rear quarter patches are $275 each, the wheel opening patches are $295 each

.....AND.......the '64-'66 Plymouth A-body trunk extension panels are rumored to be showing up here at our warehouse in the next few weeks....they are going to be priced at $239 each.:thumbsup:

This is good news. Thanks

You should be having the 67-69 Barracuda trunk drops made as well. A long sought after part.

Where will the insurance go to replace your metal?? What will it cost plus shipping? You had a real panel, not that usually crap poor fit repop stuff. Just saying.

-
Back