Valve cover help please

-

memike

Super Moderator
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am running the valve cover style you see in this picture with a Blue circle around it.
Now I have a Valve cover getting powder coated by our members Leanna (CudaChick1968)
At PHOENIX SPECIALTY COATINGS
like the Valve cover with the Green circle on it :???:
Is there a supplier or a member here that has the part I circled in Yellow ??
I am guessing the pcv for the Green valve cover will seal
in the metal cap or is there a seal for that also :???:

I have always had the style circled in Blue :)
Thank you for any advice and direction on this :happy1:

Attachments

• 020%20-%20Copy.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 402
  • Picture 222 089.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 379
  • Spring%202011%20215.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 354
blah blah blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I'm a frickin dork who's obviously color blind. :-D

Never mind.

I'll go back to being a redhead sometime soon, I promise. LMAO

I need another cup of coffee I quess, memike is confuzzed, confused know :eek:ops:

The PVC you need fits in the small cap with a nut. These came on all mopar early models. I think like 69 and earlier. Check with the parts store. I assume by the picture you have the medal cap?

The PVC you need fits in the small cap with a nut. These came on all mopar early models. I think like 69 and earlier. Check with the parts store. I assume by the picture you have the medal cap?

My 66 came with the rubber flat seal with out a medal cap SG, The valve cover with the Blue circle around it is the only kind I have ever had :happy1:.
I need to get a metal cap to use the one Leanna has waggin gifted me with.

I do not have a metal cap for this style I circled in Green.

This is what I have... a 1966 170/6 valve cover
I have no experience with the /6 valve cover that has a metal cap and hope to find out what I need to run it. sorry if my writing is confusing :???:

But as you can see in my first post my Valve cover went threw a fire last year

Attachments

• Computer%20Repair%20Ken%20Slater%20081.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 345
  • Getting%20things%20started%20to%20run%204%20barrel%20065.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 321
  • Back%20to%20my%20old%203800%20phinpix%20camera.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 379
Your right now that I think about it he metal cap style was 1965or 64 and older. I may have one I'll have to look.

I think I wouldda left the lightnin struck cover on it. LOL

Seriously, I MIGHT have an extra one Mike. If SGBARRACUDA doesn't have one, let me know. I will look in the meantime. You'll get one, one way or the other. lol

Ooop's sorry MeMike....I didn't know all of the early a's I have had had that style valve cover...Wagg's go dig up a pcv cap and valve for ya

memike,
You need one like this:
EWP002.jpg

They sell them aftermarket for the "HEMI" but it fits the slant as well. Biggest problem is the cost of $80-$100 for the complete assembly. Check out this link:
http://www.rosevillemoparts.com/pro...p/pcv-package-64-69-426-hemi/products_id/4273

~Michael

I am running the valve cover style you see in this picture with a Blue circle around it.
Now I have a Valve cover getting powder coated by our members Leanna (CudaChick1968)
At PHOENIX SPECIALTY COATINGS
like the Valve cover with the Green circle on it :???:
Is there a supplier or a member here that has the part I circled in Yellow ??
I am guessing the pcv for the Green valve cover will seal
in the metal cap or is there a seal for that also :???:

I have always had the style circled in Blue :)
Thank you for any advice and direction on this :happy1:

Got 2 of them (the one circled in yellow) that Leanna did for me when she did the 2 slant and poly valve covers. On my 65 valve cover (the one with the green circle), I am using the chrome oil & PCV cap from a Commando motor. I might use one of them on the poly valve covers, but the chrome looks better there as well. Drop me a PM concerning one already done in Flag Red.

Both my 65 SB & BB have a PCV like that on the factory valve covers. Might be the same size. Many people junk older engines to install a 360, so should be available. As mentioned, the PCV valve has a metal tube with a thread and nut that installs in the cap's hole. I found a PCV valve in a hardware store of all places in 1991, so may have been used on many cars.

-
Back