Valve cover hole question

-

StickweldinSteve

Reaction score
Should my valve cover have a grommet/ plug here?340 engine. Thanks for your time.

61DD052C-8819-4B32-9727-61C356FC7360.jpeg

7947C5D2-F863-4393-9536-BBAA0851F4D3.jpeg

That's for the pcv valve,
Thank you. I just bought this car and am learning while I restore it. I’ve been a mechanic for helicopters, small engines and pumps but never done much with cars outside of replacing stuff when it breaks . Trying to learn more while I fix this one up.

Go to mymopar.com and download your cars Factory Service Manual and wiring diagrams.

If they don't have your particular year or car, try a year up or down. And Plymouth vs Dodge.

Great idea. Mine is probably slightly different with the motor being changed to a 340 but it’s still probably mostly the same. I’m going to look up where a pcv valve should route to. Pretty sure it’s been run without one for a while.

Last edited:
So it seems I’m missing a pcv valve and I have a Holley double pumper 750. The spot on the back of the carb that I’ve read is for the pcv or power breaks doesn’t appear to have been used so I think the guy must have just run without one. I’m going to put one in.

-
Back