Valve cover options

-

hypermite

Reaction score
Ok, From what I understand, my polished Mopar Performance valve covers will not clear the factory heater motor in my 74 Duster.( I'm using the Schumacher mounts on a 440) I wouldn't be against grinding down a few fins, but I don't want to get into cutting & welding them. So what are my other options ? will the re-released Direct Connection covers clear ? Any other aftermarket units fit? will any year factory covers work ? I'm also using roller rockers so those have to clear on the inside as well. Thanks guys !

I know you said you weren't wantin to get into cuttin and weldin...but this is a clean option.

attachment.php

I think a good welder would be very reasonable. It's a small area. ...and I'm sure Cudachick would hook you back up on the finish end.

There is a method of moving the blower motor inboard to clear the valve cover. It used to be in the tech section of Big Block Dart.com but I dont know if it's there anymore. I did it and it works great. I have it printed out. If you want it I can copy it and mail it to you.
Let me know...............Ted

Thanks guys, I'll probably end up using some stock valve covers till I can get up the nerve to pull the heater box & recess the blower motor. (I despise working under the dash of A-bodies)

i had the same problem so i used a set of moroso crome valve covers and they worked fine for yrs until i did finely remove the heater motor and core

i had the same problem so i used a set of moroso crome valve covers and they worked fine for yrs until i did finely remove the heater motor and core

Will the Moroso v/covers clear aftermarket (440 source) roller rockers?

-
Back