Valve cover Question

-

Mr.FT

Reaction score
I'm running a 340 with an LD340 intake, I'm being told that if I go to mopar performance valve covers I'll have to "notch" the valve covers. Does this cause any issues with getting a good seal? Has anyone else run into this?

Thanks

No, you shouldn't have to notch any of the gasket surface.

if you don't do it, you will not be able to get them to seal

put the valve covers on without the gaskets and you will see that the "lip" interferes with the runners
if you do not notch that you will not be able to get a good squeeze on the gasket in those spots and they will leak there

if you notch the lip so that the covers sit on the heads (without the gaskets in place) without interfering with the runners you should be golden

I'm running a 340 with an LD340 intake, I'm being told that if I go to mopar performance valve covers I'll have to "notch" the valve covers. Does this cause any issues with getting a good seal? Has anyone else run into this?

Thanks

Like said above, you will more than likely need to notch the outer lip, no need to get into the actual sealing surface.

Place the covers on WITHOUT the gasket, mark any spots that hit, and slowly remove material until the covers sit nice and tight to the head rail.

-
Back