Valve cover ?

-

Jmcginnis89

Reaction score
I was wanting this cover for my slant 225 but when I was going to order it the total was $196 is there a cheep one or does any one know where I can get one cheep.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 513
$196 bucks for a cheap chrome China made VC,with no baffles... No thanks.
If you must have a chrome VC,make sure it has baffles. I haven't seen one yet.
The best three VC's would be,the Stock VC,Offenhauser,or Clifford.

Cheap and good don't belong in the same sentence. If you want a GOOD chrome valve cover, keep an eye for an old MP valve cover. They pop up from time to time. They were heavy steel and had good chrome plating. I think you could have your factory one chromed cheaper than 196 bucks.

I just meant cheaper than 196 for a cheap mad v/c would love to find a good priced Clifford to match my intake.

the clifford ones dont fit all that well... when i was building my motor a friend started on his slant build. he shelled out the cash for it and only two holes would line up depending on what holes you picked lol... i'll save the weight and paint the stock one!

I always thought I wanted an aluminum valve cover to match my Offy intake
and carb hat, I called on Leanna our mistress of metal CudaChick1968 and had mine powder coated and she coated my offy intake also :cheers:

Attachments

• 1976%20Plymouth%20Volor'E%20EBAY%201%20027.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 424
  • DOMINOS%20030.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 429
  • 19638_1221500133746_1116233757_30542880_1785690_n.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 401
I always thought it would be cool if some one made a fabricated aluminum valve cover for the slant six.. Maybe someday.

I always thought I wanted an aluminum valve cover to match my Offy intake
and carb hat, I called on Leanna our mistress of metal CudaChick1968 and had mine powder coated and she coated my offy intake also :cheers:

Thanks Mike! :-D But you're still "passing out" my wayyyyyyyyyyy old business cards LOL! Here ya go, save the new shop postcard instead.

View attachment New PSC Postcards April 2013 -- Front.jpg

View attachment New PSC Postcards April 2013 -- Back.jpg

I always thought it would be cool if some one made a fabricated aluminum valve cover for the slant six.. Maybe someday.

Offenhauser did ... but they didn't have a provision for a baffle either. The original issues were pretty nice but the "resurrected" castings take some extra work to be presentable in my opinion. They look like they had a little polishing with a few passes over a buffer but all the bolt recesses are still raw, and they didn't even bother to take the compounds off (especially between the ribs) before they stuck 'em in boxes and shipped them out.

This one is 65Dartman's. He had his machine shop fab up a pcv tube and weld in a baffle.

View attachment Offy valve cover.jpg

Sorry Rocker, but those are some of the ugliest machine welds ever. Just a personal opinion of course, but I can't stand the look of fabricated valve covers. LOL Besides, I've seen wayyyyy too many with pinholes -- or worse -- in the corners.

Dang really? I always thought they looked kinda cool. Good to know though.

-
Back