Valve Covers

-

BARNEY'S CAR

SGITP
Reaction score
Well i have successfully created more trouble for myself again. I went with a bigger cam Crane adjustable rocker arms and now can not fit the valve covers on.
This is a 360,X heads,Bullit cam 525 on lift,Crain stock length ball and socket push rods and gold rocker kit.Seems like the adjusters are up to high and hit the black Mopar Performance valve covers.I have run the motor and all is adjusted I just can not put the covers on.
Any ideas would really help.

This was discussed here before, suggestions ranged from double gaskets to spacers. Some one makes spacers, don't remember who though...

Yes i have to run spacers on mine. i do not recomend double gaskets with out the shim because it wont be long till there leaking or tightened down till they hit.

I have had good luck using two thick cork gaskets,never leaked and gave me the clearance needed.

The only mopar spacers I have found were ridicously priced,when you can buy ones for chevy's and ford's for under $100

Edelbrock Elite series tall valve covers will work with just about any clearance issue. Have an extra set in great condition if interested.

Oldschoolcuda

Felpro sell a 5/16 thick gasket part #1646. Jysnflem

Thanks for all the info.If anyone remembers where they bought spacers please post it here and I gues I well talk to OLDSCHOOL CUDA also. Between
the vc and the carb linkage this might nebver run again........

Here are some pics. of the tall elite valve covers I have. Sorry I could'nt PM them to you.

Oldschoolcuda

-
Back