Valve Springs and Cam Options R/T Heads

-

72DMag

Reaction score
Building a 360 magnum. Going with the icon pistons like the hot rod magazine build. We found a set of never used R/T heads. The PO stated that he bought the heads with the springs on them already assembled. Can anyone tell me what springs these are and what pressure and lift they are good for so I can select a cam. I'm guessing they are the HP springs?

I reached out to comp cams and they told me that they don't make any springs for the magnum heads. Is this true or did I get a bad representative?? Curious what spring options I have in case I need to replace the ones on the heads.

Thanks

20200505_183040.jpg

20200505_183049.jpg

20200505_183055.jpg

I would take the heads to your local machinist to find the specs on your springs. Just MHO. I know these heads were good for 2 tenths on our stock eliminator Dakota. The factory springs would support a .480 lift cam with no problem.

Is that rust pitting on a couple of those springs? That would rule those out for me right there. "WHICH" Thumpr cam are yall thinkin about? The only accurate way to figure which springs you have is to have the spring pressure and rate tested as mentioned, I am afraid.

-
Back