Valvetrain qs?

-

MprDoc

Reaction score
I think I am Forest Gumping the crap out of this. . .

So I tried to measure my own pushrods with a solid pushrod for a magnum head equipped 360 and the length I got - taking into consideration hydraulic lifters need a little extra length to function - was 7.75 inches. I went to install them and the rocker doesn't come anywhere near sitting down onto the pedestal; it seems about half an inch to long.

So now I went to remeasure the push rods and they seem to be about the same length but what I want to know is, should the plunger on the hydraulic lifter all ready be compressed somewhat after torquing down the rocker arm??? Also, should the valve spring compress ALL the way down when your turning the motor over after you torque the rocker into place.

I am running a lunati voodoo cam and really need to get this figured out before I deploy.

Yes the lifter will compress a little. Not too much or you'll have an issue there. No the springs should not compress all the way. That's coil bind and will destroy stuff fast. are the springs what Lunati recommends and set to the proper installed height?

Think I got it. I added .3 instead of .03 when I ordered the first set. Too bad it will be a few months before I get to work on it again since I am BFE Afghanistan now. I think I got it though. Not sure what Lunati recomends, I used comp magnum springs.

-
Back