Van seats

-

weezer

Reaction score
I'm gathering up parts to convert my 1967 270 to a 1968 Super Stock look-a-like (kinda). As far as the A100 van seats for the front buckets, they are hard to find and expensive. Does anyone know if the later vans (1969 thru 1979 or so) have similar seats that I could use? They just need to be non-folding, low back buckets, mainly. I can get them recovered, if necessary, as long as the basic shape is there. Thanks in advance. W

I have a pair of seats that look real similar to the a 100 seats and are really lightweight. they will need to be recovered 50$ and shipping

i think i got mine for $125 off of ebay, maybe i was just lucky?

I have a pair of van bucket seats, they are a 'parchment' color vinyl, in very good shape. I'm not sure of the year. Bought them for a project but changed plans. I'd be happy to let you have them free of charge, just pay shipping from Atlanta. PM me if you're interested and I will take pics. Not sure what's the best way to ship...?

I've seen some on Ebay but with shipping I'd have well over $200 in them and they would still need recovering, new foam, etc. There is a salvage yard about two hours west of me that has some early 70's vans and I was trying to get an idea of whether those seats would work before I made the drive Saturday. It's a straight-rate pull-a-part yard and the seats would be less than $20 each. I may ride over there and check them out anyway.

I have a pair of van bucket seats, they are a 'parchment' color vinyl, in very good shape. I'm not sure of the year. Bought them for a project but changed plans. I'd be happy to let you have them free of charge, just pay shipping from Atlanta. PM me if you're interested and I will take pics. Not sure what's the best way to ship...?

Goldfish, do you have any pictures? I could probably dye these black if they're in usable shape. I think the easiest/cheapest shipping would be Greyhound if you have a terminal near you. I've not shipped anything with them myself but have talked to many who have. They require minimal packaging but you work around their schedule and routes. Thanks in advance. W

i forgot, i did not pay shipping, my wife picked them up on her way thru Vegas....

i forgot, i did not pay shipping, my wife picked them up on her way thru Vegas....

Yeah, see, the shipping can be a back breaker. If goldfish isn't able to get a fairly inexpensive quote to ship them, I'll drive down to Atlanta and pick them up. Catch a Braves game. Go to a blues club. Eat some sushi.

I know alot of the 60s truck/van seats had fixed backs & as far as I know the frames were therefore the same. The "trick with these is to have your upholster cut/mold the foam to conform to the A-100 seats you're looking for & simply use the A-100 upholstery places like "Legendary Auto Interiors" have. It's really not that complicated.

-
Back