Vans Automotive VS Dante's

-

dartsport76

can't get right
Reaction score
Has anyone ordered parts from Vans Auto or Dante's, I am painting the Dart next month and want to buy some new door handles. Vans has a much better price but was concerned about the quality of there stuff. I was wondering who has ordered from Van and from Dante's and how good is there stuff? Any help is welcome.

Thanks
Brian

I've never heard anything bad about either vendor. That said, I have dealt with Dante on more than one occasion, and he has always been quick to respond to any questions I've had. He is a legendary dealer, so that's probably where your door panels would be sourced. I wouldn't hesistate to deal with him again.:thumblef:

I haven't dealt with Van's yet, but I've noticed their pricing is pretty good.

Hope this helps

The only thing I got from Vans was my new marker lights. They did come with the gaskets. They fit really nice. Purchased them at the Mopar Nats.

Haven't bought from Dante's but I did buy new door handles, window cranks, and something else (I've bought so much I forget what else right now) from Van's and the quality is very good. I have bought from them at Monster Mopar and online and get good service all the time.

Thanks for all the info guy's, any one else buy from either of the two supplier's?

Thanks
Brian

Have bought door panels, various seals, insulation from Dante's and would buy from him again. Answered all my questions and gave me accurate delivery dates.

Bought lots of little stuff from Dante; a straight up guy for sure!

I have bought inner and outer door handles, straps, and other stuff from Van's, and have been extremely satisfied with everything I have bought. Got a set of their $75/pr outside door handles and they are top notch. Talked to them at length at Chryslers @ Carlisle. Great guys, knowledgeable, fair.

I bought, thru ebay, a pair of sun visors for my Barracuda, thru Vans. Clicked the "buy it now" and immediately paid with paypal.

The auction portrayed the visors as ready to go upon buying.

Well, a week goes by, no contact from Vans. After 10 days, I had sent emails, and then called. Guy answers phone, says he got emails, but the visors are on backorder. Duh, why have a buy it now, with NO indication that it is an advance order? I ask when it will be in, he has no idea.

Long story short, conversed thru email a few times, he became belligerent, offered me my money back. I, after almost 5 weeks of the runaround, ask for my money back. Silence, nothing, no contact. Sent multiple emails, nothing. Finally, filed disputed transactions with ebay, who was useless, then one with Paypal. Miraculously, the day I filed the action with Paypal, he replies that the items have shipped. I asked for tracking number, and he supplied it the next day.

Upon checking with UPS on tracking info, he shipped the visors about 3 hours AFTER the reply to Paypal that they had been shipped, so I think he was f*^&ing with me.

got the visors 2 days later, and they are great, top notch equipment, but the guy was a total a__hole to deal with.

Just my experience, and not sure if I will deal with him again.

FF

I bought a gas tank, sending unit, and filler neck gromet for my Dart from Vans.. stuff was excellent.. I have seen their other stuff in person when they were set up at the nats... stuff all looks very good.. and the prices are usually really good as well..

I've bought from both. Got a few gas tanks, sending units, etc from Van's, interior parts from Dante. All parts have been good quality, everything was handled professionally. Only problem I had was with some interior parts I ordered from Dante. There was a problem where part of the items were supposed to have been shipped but weren't, then they were shipped somewhere else, never to be found. Dante took care of it all. I don't think the problem was with him, I suspect the parts were being drop shipped to me and the other guys dropped the ball.
I'm sure I'll be ordering from both again when I need more parts.
Dallas

-
Back