varaflow what do you guys think?

-
http://www.waldronexhaust.com/drivercontrolledexhaust.htm

For a brief period in 1969 & 1970, GTO buyers were able to purchase an option known as “Vacuum Operated Exhaust”. It was one of the industry’s most unusual options; dual-mode mufflers - controlled by the driver - that could be operated in “Quiet” or “Tiger” (Open) modes.

VOE-2™ Model
(For 70-72 GTO/LeMans/Tempest)

The VOE-2™ model is a close reproduction of the original GTO VOE muffler. It is also a “direct fit” for any 1970-72 Pontiac Tempest/LeMans/GTO with dual exhaust. If you are lucky enough to have a GTO that was originally equipped with the VOE option, with or without Ram Air, you can restore the VOE function by purchasing the mufflers only, without the control kit.

DCE™ Universal Model
(For almost everyone else!)

Waldron’s has a patent pending design that provides the look and sound of the original VOE Muffler for other vehicles. The universal DCE™ Mufflers are available in 14”, 18”, 19” and 21” case lengths, with offset inlets and offset OR center outlets. Available inlet and outlet diameters include 2”, 2 ¼” and 2 ½”. They will fit a wide variety of AMC, Ford, Dodge, Plymouth, Mercury, GMC, Chevrolet, Buick, Oldsmobile and Chrysler cars and trucks.

And of course, they can be utilized in most street rod or hot rod applications!

Universal DCE™ mufflers are slightly louder than the VOE-2™ model in the Quiet mode. In the Open mode, they sound and flow the same as the VOE-2™ model.

Disclaimer: Waldron’s recommends that you verify your local sound ordinances before driving in OPEN mode to avoid tickets.

Some of the applications for the universal DCE™ model:
68-98 Mustang (exc. 74-83)
70-73 Corvette
64-84 Most GM full size including Buick, Chevrolet, Pontiac & Oldsmobile.
68-85 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks
60-80 Most Chrysler, Dodge & Plymouth
68-76 Thunderbird
66-71 Ford Fairlane & Torino
67-71 Mercury Comet & Montego
79-85 Dodge Trucks
66-71 AMC
And many many more—Check the muffler check the DCE Application Chart for direct fit applications.

DCE Application Chart (Printable PDF, Requires Adobe Reader )

DCE Customer Brochure (Printable PDF, Requires Adobe Reader )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oX5i4_CQqb8

Find VOWtom and ask him directly. A body cars do not take a large muffler and use a off set in and out type of muffler.

Hi Guys,
That Vari-Flow is pretty slick. My bet is you end up with a stock sounding glasspack or a quiet glasspack on our older cars. If you look at how the exhaust routs through the perf. tubing in them, you can guess what it will do to the sound. A lot of things change with cat. converters, like that Vette has to have.

On our A-bodies, I used a 17" shell to have room for the actuators on the front. 16" would have been better but i was going for max sound level difference between loud and quiet.

I need to record mine on my 69 340 so you can see how cool they really sound. They are different than the ones i recorded for YouTube earlier.

They are expensive to make but cool to drive with for sure. My car is quieter than stock, even with 2.5" front pipes and 2.5" mufflers, and with a 340, this tough to do. When loud, it is almost flowmaster loud but not as typical Mustang-sounding as them.

Fell free to ask anything, I'll do my best to provide info.

Tom

soft an f ront. 6

DSCN0177.jpg

DSCN0179.jpg

-
Back