Vehicle Emissions Decal - Correct Location?

-

GoldenGirl

Reaction score
Does anyone know the correct location for the vehicle emissions decal for a 70-72 Dart? I thought I had seen a schematic of the engine bay decals in the Year One catalog but don't see it now that I've actually got one in hand to install.

If yours is in the original location from the factory, a photo would be great. Otherwise, if you know of a website that has this info, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!:icon_smi:

I don't know if these are engine and assembly plant particular. I've heard that trunk decal placement varied among assembly plants. My 72 Demon is a converted /6 car made at the Hammtramck plant and my 73 4-door /6 was made at Windsor. In both cases, the bottom of the decal is flush with the crease in the driver side splash shield. (Where the splash shield bends upward to where the fender attaches.) The left edge is ¼ inch to the right of the fender tag.

The 7th digit in the VIN denotes the assembly plant, and the 5th digit is the engine code. I'll see if I can get a decent photo and give you a post in the next day or so.

72 Demon, if you have a photo I'd like to see it.

Guess before long it will be show time and I can check out some nice Dodges in person, sneaking a peek at the decal location. :)

In a few weeks we'll be at the Mopar Southern Nationals near Valdosta (Cecil) Georgia. Some awesome fun drag racing but not a huge show.

Thanks for your helpful comments.

I don't if your looking for this but here it is.

0507092039.jpg

0507092040.jpg

Sorry for the delay. Here are photos of the decal I tried to describe in a previous post. Hope this helps.

IMG_5686s.JPG

IMG_5687s.JPG

IMG_5691s.JPG

Hi guys,

Thanks so much for your assistance. Mine is like the one Doktor_X has in his photo. Curious since that's a '73. You'd think mine would be like the '72 Demon.

67GTX, is yours a '71? I guess the California cars had different emissions requirements thus the different decal. My Dart was built at the Windsor plant in Canada.

Again, appreciate the photos.

:)

-
Back