Vendor feedback brakes and suspension parts

-

djwhog

Reaction score
OK just want to get some feedback on the parts quality and service you guys have had with the companies below and parts comparisons etc. in how well their parts work on A bodies.
Thanks!

Just Suspension

P-S-T

Performance Suspension Components

I am a dealer for both Wilwood and SSB both are great products, I chose to go with SSB for the disk brakes on the front of my Cuda because of the savings. I had the opportunity (or mis-fotune) to use them the other day and they performed great! Slid straight as an arrow for about 40 feet, with no contact with vehicle in front of me who decided he needed to turn for some reason or another.

Performance Suspension, is where I purchased my Stainless steel brake kit from. They were the cheapest for that specific kit and had it in just over 2 weeks. The kit was a great fit and was the only kit that had the 4" BP. When you order from them the kit gets shipped right from Stainless steel.
:thumbup:

I have also bought from P S T, parts were great fit but not really cheap. You can only buy from them direct. They package kits that work out quit well.

I help put SSBC kit on my dad's 67' Chevelle as a gift and he loves it. He loves driving his car again. This is why I went with SSBC for my car plus the 4" bolt pattern.

I have bought from just Suspensions and from Performance Suspension and both were very good.....another one I like is Springs and Things www.espo.com They are a small family outfit but they are great do deal with.

I have the complete front end kit installed from P-S-T. Love it, I upgraded to the polygraphite and still no squeeks after 3+ years. Tightend up the front end of the car great.

i got some tie rods ends and a lower ball joint as well as the sockets for both the large and small upper ball joints from just suspension. I got nothing but good to say about them very helpful and quick and the parts were / are good. no problems.

When I placed the post this morning I still was not sure where I got my parts from...And I wanted some feed back from the members. Well I found out I had purchased most all my parts about 8 years ago from Performance Suspension ( found the paper work after 3 weeks of digging ) and a few parts from P-S-T. My torsion bars I bought at a Dodge dealer back when they were only like $180 a pair and I think the seal kits were about $10.

Anyway the car has been parked about 7 years now and work has resumed back in Oct 2006. I have had the Dart since 74, so this is the 3rd go around on it. I had come across a 71 Dart with disc 8 years ago. I stole the spindles upper arms etc from the car and misc parts required. I think when I got all the new parts for the brakes they also came from Performance Suspension. :dontknow: I think at that time the 73-76 disc were tuff to come by and wilwoods were not that common and very pricey. So I decided to stay with the 5 on 4s and the 4 piston setup.

I also seem to really like the front and rear sway bars from Performance Suspension, I think they are suppose to be much better than the Addco's and if I recall the rear was a little tuff to mount but seems like it will do the job better than most.

Adam you got me worried about the poly lower parts, hope they are not to tight and do not squeak. Some parts they supplied are moog and I did go for the larger B body idler, tie rods, and lower ball joints with the kit they had at that time.

Well I hope it corners and stops pretty good. Gotta be better than stock.

Anyway what are you guys doing on the junction block aka proportioning valve on the frame and the lines from the master to the valve? Can I just use a stock 68-71 Dart valve, if so where do I get one and the lines? Anyone have one for sale? I did talk to guys at the Right Stuff and they have a valve they say will work but requieres a few mods to make it happen. I am using the 4 bolt old style dual ine master cylinder with non power booster front disc and have 11"x2 1'2 plymouth racing fined rear brakes. Decided on no booster with the cam in the 416 and lack of room. Had these rears for years even with the old 9" drums out front. I know mopar makes an adjustable valve too, but I thinki if I can get the factory A body stuff will that work, or is there a better way to go?

Lastly, on the master I think it mounts perfect in the place of the ol single piston single line type, and I hope the pedal rod is the same legnth too?

thanks again everyone. really apreciate all the input a lot! You guys are great :thumbup:

I got a lot going on with the car, decided to stay with the power steering and while I am doing the entire front end, the brakes, gear box and pump were sent out today to get a firm feel upgrade by Steer & Gear and the 416 is coming togther, next it is to contact Cope's for the 727 parts. PS you will need what is called a hemi 90 degree fitting with the power steering to clear the TTI headers per Sam at TTI. I have that part of the project; headers on hold for now, need more $$ for this project.. just trying to get in in order of importance how it has to go back toghter before the engine goes back in.

lots of fun but tired... :wav:

have not heard about the 90* fitting for PS. I'll check it out when I get to that point.

-
Back