Vent window hinge froze

-

Gordon Selbig

Reaction score
Vent window hinge froze where it goes through the glass. .What's the fix? Penatrating oils ,heat ? Thanks

1549985854245579699313.jpg

Vent window hinge froze where it goes through the glass. .What's the fix? Penatrating oils ,heat ? Thanks

View attachment 1715288471

I would try the penetrating oil first, and then very carefully try to start it moving back a forth a little at a time.
There is a mixture I make just for this kind of stuff and have a syringe from filling ink cartridges full of it just for small things like that.
50% WD40
25% ATF
25% plain grease (like grease gun grease) then mix them with an allen wrench in my drill.

The WD thins and helps the ATF and grease penetrate.
The ATF also thins the grease and takes longer to dry away.
When both have dissipated it leaves the grease long term.

Works great for hinges latches and window regulator assemblies.

just wait for the weather to clear up

i went to take the charger out for a drive the other day and it had been outside over night...the entire drivers side door was frozen shut in the frame

If by some chance I don't get it broke loose.Could I cut the chrome piece off and find another.does it just push on? Thanks

Take it apart from inside the door before cutting chrome. Usually the lowere is just held in by a strap.

I kept wiggling until I had it off .Then i took a drill bit by hand and got the corrosion out of the pocket.thanksw

-
Back