Vent Window Weather Stripping for 68 Barracuda

-

Krazed

Reaction score
Ok so I've been trying to find it, and it seems even Year One doesnt carry it. (Wonder why?)

It's the weather stripping for the Vent window (the front window that flips open) and I can't seem to find it. My windows are making a horrible whistling noise on the highway if i dont crack them open. So if anyone has any idea where to find them, please let me know! They say its only available from doner cars? I don't want to believe that... someone Has to make them!

Incase you missed it, it's for a 1968 Barracuda Fastback.

Krazed
I coudn't find any either. I used some stick on foam wheather stripping1/4 in thick or thinner. get the kind for automotive use.
Dave C.

Hmm I'll have to look into that. But that just doesnt seem like a proper fix, although I haven't seen it. It just sticks out in my mind as not looking too good.

Do you have any pictures of it by chance?

No I have no pics, but it's not that noticible, unless you really look for it.
Otherwise maybe one of the wheather stripping co's has something , I never checked. I only Drive mine in the summer with warm weather and the windows open unless my wife complains. But the noise ios irritating.

Dave C.

Ok so I looked and looked for Vent window weather stripping and finally found it! The Paddock has the pieces for it, which they claim to be a new addition.

Look HERE

I ordered my floor pan, and decided to 'test' the vent window kit they had. Aparently it's exactly what I needed!

The Vent window piece for 67-69 Barracuda's (Convertible or Hard top) is the Triangular Rubber piece. It's all one piece and a little spendy, but worth it if that's all you need for your weather stripping.

Anyway, just thoughtI 'd pass it along! Hope this helps some out!

Have you tried RPM Restoration, they carry a lot of weatherstripping for the Mopars. If you`ve already committed to The Paddock ,I guess it`s too late ,but you might try them in the future.

-
Back