Verizon Smart Phones ?????

-

mopwr2004a

low slung chassis
Reaction score
To the FABO peeps out there with Verizon. I'm looking at new phones what you got and do you like it. I'm looking at the smart phonesI want something I can hear the other person talking clearly and they hear me not all broken up and staticy.

My hearing isn't the best from all the trips to the track and the load music back in the day. CAN YOU HEAR ME KNOW LOL

HTC Droid incredible.. so incredible that I just posted this comment on this forum from my phone.. it cost a few hundred and the monthly bill is around 150 but its worth it.

I have the motorola droid. I love it. So many applications you will be on it for days looking at them all. I hear great things about the droid X. My sister also swears by her blackberry as well.

I don't have one...yet. My brother has the Droid X and it is awesome, but a little on the large side. If you can wait, the Iphone will be coming to Verizon soon. The Ipad is available now on Verizon.

iPhone is supposed to becoming Q1 of next year, I'd wait. I had the Palm Treo 755p on Verizon, service was excellent but the device was so-so. My Verizon Blackberry Curve is hard to use. The iPhone has no equal when it comes to ease of use and functionality though. I played with every phone Verizon had at the time and nothing came close. The combination of the iPhone w/ Verizon's reliability will be a phonegasm.

I don't have one...yet. My brother has the Droid X and it is awesome, but a little on the large side. If you can wait, the Iphone will be coming to Verizon soon. The Ipad is available now on Verizon.

I'm getting the droid x tomorrow afternoon.
I'lll post about it when I do.

Droid X is the best of the bunch. iPhone 4 will not be available on Verizon right away, only the 3GS. For this reason, I'm considering moving to android.

I have an iPhone, and like it, but if you plan on using the web on your phone, it's severely handicapped (no .flv, Java, etc). I also don't care for the way iOS handles SMS. I can't bulk delete, like I could with normal devices. When I get to about 1000 unread messages, the phone slows down considerably. My only choice is to wipe it, or manually delete the messages one by one. And it asks to confirm (which cannot be disabled). This is someones idea of a cruel joke. I can delete an imap4 email right off my exchange server without confirming, but I can't delete a text? Someone is seriously off kilter in Cupertino. I know I can jailbreak it and get unapproved apps to allow better handling of text, but last time I did that, it screwed the phone up pretty bad.

No matter what, stay away from any Windows phone.

Symbian is actually the most widely adopted smartphone platform worldwide. I have seen them traveling abroad, but I have never seen one in the US, and don't even know if it's available. Considering Verizon is CDMA, I'd guess even if one could get it here, probably not on Verizon.

Last thought: If I didn't need it for work (and they weren't footing the bill), I would really prefer to have a normal phone. Once the novelty wears off, they are nothing special. Sure I can get emails from anywhere (which I need for work, and the iPhone is GREAT for email), but if something is that important (non work, that is), dial the numbers.

The wife has a Samsung vibrant galaxy S with the Android OS ( it's on T-mobile though ) and the thing is freaking awesome. Nice screen, fast, wifi, games, tons of apps, oh and it's a phone too! oh and it has the "swipe" typing thing.
Makes my blackberry feel like a motorola bravo :lol:

I've got the original Droid, it's pure awesome. I've played with the Droid X, that one pretty cool as well but I like the physical keyboard. The Droid 2 has been around for a little bit but there aren't enough improvements over the Droid 1 for me to switch.

The Droid 2 World phone is coming, as is the Droid Pro (Blackberry form factor).

They're all fast, stable and easy to use. I've even gotten my wife on the Android bandwagon, she has a Backflip (on AT&T). She loves it, can't stop playing with it.

Why yes, I do work for Motorola. Why do you ask? ;-)

friend of mine had a blackberry curve, it was a great phone. I plan to buy one soon. I'm not too into all the craziness of iphones, plus I like having a keyboard which rules out a lot of the touch screen smart phones for me.

friend of mine had a blackberry curve, it was a great phone. I plan to buy one soon. I'm not too into all the craziness of iphones, plus I like having a keyboard which rules out a lot of the touch screen smart phones for me.

Check out the Droid Pro before you get the BB. It's the same form factor as the BB but runs Android... plus it has both a touch screen and physical keyboard.

http://mediacenter.motorola.com/Fact-Sheets/DROID-PRO-by-Motorola-Fact-Sheet-3449.aspx

-
Back