Status
Not open for further replies.

USCG CHARGER

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Contact seller
1968 Dodge Dart for sale. Priced to sell @ $18500
I am being shipped off to Officer Candidate School in Aug and no longer have the time for my beloved Dart. I will be taking a huge loss on this at the price but I don’t want to haggle tire kickers. Serious inquiries only and contact me via PM. I have also provided a timeline of pictures so you can see the progress on the car from the beginning. I’m sure I’m forgetting something but here it goes.

This is a California car that I purchased and had it shipped to TX where the majority of the restoration work was completed. The car was a Dart 270, which was a 273 V8 car. The car was no major rust when I purchased it. All the bodywork and paint was done in TX. I had the doors, firewall, trunk, and full fill shaved. All engine bay wires have been hidden for a cleaner look.
• 360 short block with main studs(.030" bore), a Comp Cams hyd cam .507"-244 dur @.050" cam, Johnson lifters, spotless 360 hp std/std crank, billet timing set, Milodon deep oil pan/pick-up, also new, brass freeze plug kit and windage tray. Engine is a assembled, 0 mile short block with new Speed Pro H116CP pistons and rods are brand new H-beams and a Melling M72hv oil pump also brand new and ARP main stud kit. ARP bolts used throughout engine.
• Mopar 569 heads, 3-angle valve job, hand ported, 2.02 valves, new exhaust valves, new comp springs, retainers, valve guides and seats. New sheet metal Valve covers with billet breathers.
• Edelbrock Performer RPM Air-Gap intake that has been hand ported.
• Holley 750 polished carburetor double pump, secondary vacuum with electric choke.
• Summit Racing headers with 3” exhaust and Pypes stainless mufflers.
• Holley polished mechanical fuel pump.
• Polished new Tuff alternator.
• March billet pulleys, and alternator bracket.
• Polished Aluminum 4 row radiator with electric fan. Polished over flow tubular tank.
• New EZ Wiring 21 circuit harness.
• Mallory Hyfire 6-AL digital ignition box, Mallory ignition coil, Mallory comp S/S 32 series distributor, and Mallory pro spark plug wires.
• 45lb 4 channel remote door pops.
• 4-1 summit Tachometer with shift light (water temp, oil pressure, voltage).
• Battery relocated to trunk (premium relocation kit) equipped with Optima Battery.
• New SS leaf springs moved inboard to rails.
• Custom mini tubbed.
• A body 8.75 surgrip 4.10 gears 742 housing. Dr. Diff axles and rear disc brake kit.
• Reilly Motorsports (RMS) Tubular upper control arms, adjustable strut rods and Wilwood front disc brakes. Manual steering box.
• New pre-bent Stainless brake lines.
• Torque -Thrust II Wheels front (15x8 235/65/15 BFG tires) Rear (15X9 275/60/15 BFG tires) still has stickers on tires.
• Built 727 transmission B&M torque converter 3000 stall, Cheetah manual reverse valve body, and Hurst Promatic 2 ratchet shifter.
• Eastwood Rust Encapsulator sprayed throughout interior of car.
• Second Skin sound deadener applied throughout interior of car (floors, roof, doors, etc.).
• Luxury Liner Pro installed on floors (over sound deadener).
• New Black Carpet, headliner, custom door panels and speaker package tray.
• New front bucket seat foam and seat covers. Dyed back seats black (look perfect)
• New weather stripping throughout entire car.
• Dyed dash (needs new top pad)
• New Grant Steering wheel.

I have a ton of receipts (over $15000) to go along with the car.

I love this car(since the first time I saw it here). If I had the $$ I would be all over it. Good luck with the sale. Hopefully you will find someone that will appreciate the work and time and love you have in it.

First Congradulations on the Officers Candidate School and thank you
for serving. Did my time in Navy, retired now.
I say keep the car just put it away for now and finish it later when time
allows. I sold off my 70 Dart while I was in the Military for different
reasons but boy do I regret that. You are right its just a car but all the
work that you have put into. Its really a nice looking car and I wish you
well on your decision.

These are old pics.. the car is finished with the exception of the door pops, and speedo gear. I just really don't have the time to enjoy it right now.

yes sir, thank you for serving..... FYI I am painting my 68 Dart black because of how outstanding yours looks...... good luck with the sale...... I have a few leads for Darts and will give this info to them..........

Thanks bud.:toothy7:

[QUOTE=vorstang;1462174]Sweet car. I love it. Good luck with with the sale[/QUOTE]

Thx man..it's taken a lot of time and money.

I'll buy it from you now as it sits for $14k.:toothy10:

I'm gonna way out on a limb here, but I'm pretty sure it's not for sell anymore. Well at least not at that price

Everything is for sale... you just have to want it more than me! lol

I'm gonna way out on a limb here, but I'm pretty sure it's not for sell anymore. Well at least not at that price

I know its not. A search brought up the for sale add and I figured I'd have a little fun. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back