Very stiff front suspension

-
WD 40. What a joke! It's not a lubricant at all.....but slick marketing made it the number one seller. It was originally designed for removal of moisture in aircraft ignition systems.....hence it's real name....."Water Displacer". If you want to grease the bushings, I would use a rubber friendly grease designed just for that purpose. The WD 40 was probably gone in an hour. PST or any of the suspension parts houses would have what you need.

WD 40. What a joke! It's not a lubricant at all.....but slick marketing made it the number one seller. It was originally designed for removal of moisture in aircraft ignition systems.....hence it's real name....."Water Displacer". If you want to grease the bushings, I would use a rubber friendly grease designed just for that purpose. The WD 40 was probably gone in an hour. PST or any of the suspension parts houses would have what you need.

True.. I mostly just suggested lubricating it to see if that was the problem. but a good grease should help.

It's all back together, and now has rebound when pushed down, it pops back to ride height.
I did have a problem getting the lower control arm pivot to tighten. Apparently I got some wd40 on it, and it made it slippery to where it didn't want to grab. After loading the suspension and using a screw driver to hold it, I finally got it to stop slipping.

It was also used by Nasa to keep one of it's rockets from rusting

:thumbup: Great job on fixing the problem!! Lots of suggestions to delve thru.

-
Back