Very urgent, Colorado need help pls

-

SuperStock

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I won the 73 Barracuda from eBay last week at S12,050.00. Deposit $500 has been made to seller acc. The remain balance $11,550 I will be sent tomorrow

The car in Colorado, I live in Northern Virginia, I only see the car from picture he put on eBay. If any FABO member here live in Colorado, please help me take a look at that car? I appreciate it

Best,

Andy.

P/S: I go to work now, dont have internet at work, I will be back after 5 pm.

Where is the car in Colorado? I live in Morrison, on the west side of Denver. I would be glad to look at it and take pics for you if it is nearby.

Ready…FIRE!…aim…

I can be a slow learner at times; I had to get burned three and a half times before I made a new rule: no more eBay or other remote cars unless I can inspect it in person or (second preference) a known, knowledgeable, and trusted friend can do so before I bid or send any money. For that kind of price, you need(ed) someone with knowledge of how to check for fakery, hidden damage, counterfeit fender tag, etc. If I were you, unless I could line up someone of that description in a hurry, I would kiss the $500 goodbye, take the eBay "reputation" hit, walk away, and be glad to have saved $11,550 and a ton of heartache.

'Course, the problem is, as eBay says on all their pages, "Your bid is a binding contract". Now the auction's done, the seller is within his rights to disallow any inspection or discussion or anything other than payment in full.

I'm in central Denver. Let us know where in Colorado that the car is located.

Hey there aka474...i'm on the western slope.160mi west of Denver..shout out where that thing is well see if we can help ya out

Thank you so much you guys,

I really appreciate it. The car nearby colorado springs. I dont know how far it is form you guys so if anyone near by please reply I will let you know the address.

I gonna contact the seller now and ask him my buddy will come to inspect the car.

I will hold the remain balance until someone take a look at it,

Again, thank so very much

Peyton is way SE of denver, about a 200+ mi. roundtrip for me. No way could I pull this off during the week but maybe this weekend?

This is the least I could do for one of my A-body Bretheren. Don't forget Dok offering up his time too!

aka474,

I'll PM you Doks and my findings when I get back so you can make a decision in private. I'm hoping for the best for you but I'll go over it with a fine tooth comb and do my best to let you know the true condition of this car. I'm not a professional appraiser so I can't tell you whether it's worth what you paid, but I was a professional mechanic and will be able to tell you everything that is right or wrong with the car.

Don't forget to bring a refrigerator business card type magnet to check for bondo!
Are you taking the ramcharger? We will need road trip pics.

Thank so much Joe!

I appreciate it

This is the least I could do for one of my A-body Bretheren. Don't forget Dok offering up his time too!

aka474,

I'll PM you Doks and my findings when I get back so you can make a decision in private. I'm hoping for the best for you but I'll go over it with a fine tooth comb and do my best to let you know the true condition of this car. I'm not a professional appraiser so I can't tell you whether it's worth what you paid, but I was a professional mechanic and will be able to tell you everything that is right or wrong with the car.

BIG :) and very cool of both of you. I hope the car is as described and more, so there's a happy ending!

I hope it's all it was described too. It'll make my job much easier, lol.

Don't forget to bring a refrigerator business card type magnet to check for bondo!
Are you taking the ramcharger? We will need road trip pics.

Great idea about the fridge magnet. I usually use a magnet in a rag, but that makes more sense.

Yep, taking the RC. I beat the crap out of it last Saturday with zero issues so it's time for a long shakedown run. I'll get some pics and maybe a video up. I'm always up for a road trip anyway and this is as good an excuse as any.

Thank so much Joe!

I appreciate it

No problem aka474. I don't get many chances to get my paws on a 'cuda so this will be fun for me.

This stuff blows me away !!!!!! My neighbors wouldn't do this for me..what a group !!

Please post what byou have found.

Ian.

It´s things like this that makes me proud to be a member at FABO.
You´re the man Ram.
Hey, that rhyme, :-k

This stuff blows me away !!!!!! My neighbors wouldn't do this for me..what a group !!

Please post what you have found.

Ian.

You must not have any FABO members as neighbors :lol:

My neighborhood is a little different ( apparently I'm the local mechanic ). People see me working on the duster and stop by to ask advise about their cars or to borrow tools ( typically I just walk down and do it for them unless I'm busy ) I helped a guy 2 doors down replace the hatch on his minivan just yesterday, and while we were doing it, ANOTHER guy a couple of houses down wandered over to help!

Getting to know your neighbors is a good thing.

OK guys, aka474 asked me to post pics so here we go. I PM'd him my analysis and if he wants, I'll post it here. I will say that this car is as close to survivor as I have ever seen and it begs a restoration. All real steel with one repaint, vinyl top was redone, engine is solid, just needs the tank drained of bad gas, carb rebuild and a tune up. Has body damage but not really that big a deal. I'll stop here until I hear back from the prospective buyer but I have tons more info. Pics to come. BTW, it was a miserable trip. 40 and thick fog. :) Rare for here but I'm sure you guys from WA are thinking I'm a big whiner, lol.

OK, here's some pics of the good and bad but it's not comprehensive. Let's just say the magnet stuck EVERYWHERE! Even where I expected it not to stick. Rocker panels are factory beautiful.

IMG_1105.jpg

IMG_1106.jpg

IMG_1107.jpg

IMG_1108.jpg

IMG_1109.jpg

IMG_1111.jpg

IMG_1112.jpg

IMG_1113.jpg

IMG_1114.jpg

IMG_1115.jpg

That don't look too bad. What engine is in that car? Maybe you have good carma

-