vht night shades

-
I have used it on some plexiglass stuff and didn't like it.

It was hard to get a good smooth finish.

I have heard some autobody places use a product that they can spray with their guns and it comes out way nicer.

I would read up on alternatives before pulling the trigger.

A good friend of mine used it on his tail lights. He is a perfectionist and they turned out really nice.

I have done several sets of taillights on cars and bikes. Just make sure they are cleaned with a degreaser, like first klean, let it dry and spray with nite shades until you get the shade you want. Usually 2 coats will be pretty good

I have used it on my ram 2500 taillights, they turned out real nice and smooth. But after about 6 months they need to be re-done.

I was looking into what I did wrong on that plexiglass and looks like I didn't wet sand it enough.

here is a nice tutorial:

http://www.355nation.net/forum/how-exterior/30062-how-apply-vht-night-shades-spray-tint.html

here are some videos

Tint:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkP8098ewVY"]How-To Tint Your Taillights With Nightshades - YouTube[/ame]

clear coat:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLlw7z2PqgY"]How-To Clear Coat Over VHT Nightshades - YouTube[/ame]

I used it on the turn signal/stop portion of my taillights. I needed to leave some of the reflector visible to comply with DOT regs.
Andrew

Attachments

• WP_000036.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 247
I can't understand why someone would want to limit the amount of light that comes from the tail and brake lights.

I have been rear ended twice in this town. (not with the Dart)
In a red truck.

I can't understand why someone would want to limit the amount of light that comes from the tail and brake lights.

In a red truck.

I blacked out the taillights in my ram, but I also have the light bar under my tailgate for more visibility.

In a red truck.

Stupidity maybe?

I just don't understand y someone has to always hi jack the post with y do people do that. Who cares I just ask a question on if anyone has done it .If u haven't done it don't comment

I just don't understand y someone has to always hi jack the post with y do people do that. Who cares I just ask a question on if anyone has done it .If u haven't done it don't comment

Oh, that's right.
We never make a non a body related post, or go off topic a little here right?
We never talk about safety issue's or give an oppinion that wasn't asked for.
What makes your post's so special?

Besides, it wasn't a hijack.
It was an ON TOPIC comment about safety.

Yeah, blacked out tail lights are an accident waiting to happen, they aren't that cool anyway. These tail lights are hard enough to see already. Every time I see them I think 'this guy is an idiot'.

I use vinyl. You can peel it off later if you want. The tail lights on my Impreza are real dark. When the lights are on you cant tell they are blacked out.

I'm willing to examine my own stupidity.
In the first pic the one on the left (which is only 2/3 of the candle power of the Honda bulbs I have yet to pick up) is the regular1157. On top of that there is the 40" long third brake light, which in my opinion is a little too bright.
If you can't see those, especially at night, there are other issues that need to be addressed.
Andrew

Attachments

• WP_000069 (2).jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 135
  • package tray 003.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 124
-
Back