Victor style heads, what valve covers?

-

evil66

evil66
Reaction score
Hi everyone,a friend of mine has built a big block with victor style knockoff heads and has used harland sharp roller rockers

Does anyone know if there is a valve cover that will work without modifications to the rockers,they are rubbing on the std steel covers mainly on the inlet manifold side and not on the top if the covers as i thought might be an issue.

I use Mopar cast aluminum valve covers on my Victor heads and no rubbing using 1.5 ratio aluminum roller rockers.

Hope this helps.

20160618_203711.jpg

Thanks for that, what brand of rockers do you run? I think his are 1.6:1, which I'm not sure if that would make things worse?

Thanks for that, what brand of rockers do you run? I think his are 1.6:1, which I'm not sure if that would make things worse?
I have hughs 1/6rockers on my raised port victor knock offs, w/ cast mopar perf. valve covers. I f your using procomp rockers, the ones w/ the notched corners go on the ends.

440 source brand rocker arms[/QUOTE---------------------------------------------]
Are you running , or going to run 2" tti headers w/ the cast alum covers ?? I`m having valve cover gasket failure w/ the hi dollar rubber gaskets that have a steel core. The #2 tube is so close, it melts the gasket after a little street driving. "Andy, or Iq52, MRL, " any of you all ever experience this ? thinking I need an asbestos gasket of some sort. Original poster, (warning in advance).

I also use the premium gasket with tti 2 inch primaries, mine are ceramic coated so that may be helping keep more heat inside the header tubes.

-
Back