VIN matching 68 cuda

-
i have verified that the numbers on dash do match with a valid title for that car. could it have been a very late 68 production and done the same as a 69 with the stamping?

just an observation...... what does the title VIN read ? that's all jacked up. dudes homemade VIN tag reads F8B1 and the body stamp is B8BI

Attachments

• tagg.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 277
  • tagg1.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 273
ok so the crappy vin does match the title exactly so can i get a new vin plate to match the title from the dmv?

im not sure how it works where you are or about the legalities of getting a new VIN tag. I wish I knew more about it. I am even more confused about how a title was able to be issued matching that fake tag. and even more importantly , why is the original gone. just when I thought id seen it all. I wish I could be more help

get your money back, cancel the deal with the guy and give the car back- then call the police cause that car was likely stolen at one point I'd be willing to bet..

get your money back, cancel the deal with the guy and give the car back- then call the police cause that car was likely stolen at one point I'd be willing to bet..
I would agree. I bet that number would come back stolen or there was a lean on the car and someone couldn't get it registered so they had to make a tag then file for a lost title or salvage title to get it plated. that's the only thing I can think of...

Go to the police station and see if that is legit and take the other numbers with
you. Just get it done and then see what they say, tell them the truth and the
whole story. That should straighten it out .
I think stamping a VIN is illegal, but thats how you got it.
Show them this thread.

Darryl

I would talk to the Police first, then if you cannot get a clear title it is either a flat out drag car or part it out/ Use it as a Donor after you buy another car.

I am not surprised there is an I and not a 1 on the body. That's what Chrysler did. This is my 67 notch. The same I and not a 1 as is reflected on the fender tag. What is strange though is the numbers don't align they are staggered as if stamped individually and not a machine press with all numbers aligned together.

this one does the same with the I

Attachments

• IMG_2409 (1024x683).jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 263
My 68's VIN plate and body stamp are exactly the same as his.
B= Hamtramck, 8 = 1968, B= Hamtramck, 6 digit VON (vehicle order number) with the I = 1.

just an observation...... what does the title VIN read ? that's all jacked up. dudes homemade VIN tag reads F8B1 and the body stamp is B8BI

from my 68's VON, built on the first day of the model year to yours and your VON there is only 1,342 difference. I would say yours is an early 68 car.

i have verified that the numbers on dash do match with a valid title for that car. could it have been a very late 68 production and done the same as a 69 with the stamping?

My 68's VIN plate and body stamp are exactly the same as his.
B= Hamtramck, 8 = 1968, B= Hamtramck, 6 digit VON (vehicle order number) with the I = 1.
ok thanks Rocky , it just seemed weird , I admit im not exactly 68 numbers literate lol , im more 69 and up

Can you give him the number for his state police when he calls? No one here can solve this for him.

Someone stamped a homemade VIN tag & obtained a title for it, a felony has been committed, maybe more than one.......

ok so the crappy vin does match the title exactly so can i get a new vin plate to match the title from the dmv?

What Vin? What you are failing to understand is that you do not have a vin.

That homemade tag is worthless. Go to your DMV or The police and have an inspection done.

Don't spend one dollar on the car until you know if you own it.

Better yet, back out of the deal and get rid of all this mess.

That's all the help you will get.

you guys are talking about taking it to the police but i dont know if they wont arrest you for reciving stolen property, or what ever else comes up.

what he needs to do is take the car back and demand a refund or call the cops, on the spot.

this or eat it because there is no saving this deal, if this is how the car is you dont want it, bad ju-ju...

If he bought it and has a bill of sale from the last guy,then his
hands are clean.
True 805moparkid, can be like receiving stolen property with out bill of sale.

Darryl

If he bought it and has a bill of sale from the last guy,then his
hands are clean.
True 805moparkid, can be like receiving stolen property with out bill of sale.

Darryl

its still stolen property! lol

-
Back